Ideas #004: 21103 - The Delorean Time Machine

Mos_Eisley

would it be possble to build each car with 401 pc?

if you take out the figures it would leave 125-135 pc per vehicle

or will it be like a creator set where you can build 3 different variants?

seem like the car is not all that big next to the minigures, it would be cool if you could build all three and display

The CUUSOO project could be made into 3 different variants, but the actual product can only be made into one, from what I can tell. It definitely wouldn't be possible to build all 3 next to each other with 401 pieces. 

I still can't believe it. What an embarrassment. Sure it will sell...but looks like kreo crap. What a horrible design--at least get the hood right! Close? I guess I can modify it to make a flat sloping hood...but I was hoping for an 800 piece real model for a c note.

The hood is bad...really bad. But not nearly as bad as the a pillars and roof! Look at the width of the hood, as compared to the width of the roof. The only people who are going to want a bttf delorean model are adults who would pony up the 1-200 for a ucs type model...see the vw camper. They could have done it to that scale...thrown in the minifigs, and price it at 130. They are dumbing this down for 9 year olds who never heard of the movie and don't care about dads dads crappy crapshoot movies.

would it be possble to build each car with 401 pc?

if you take out the figures it would leave 125-135 pc per vehicle

or will it be like a creator set where you can build 3 different variants?

seem like the car is not all that big next to the minigures, it would be cool if you could build all three and display

Like a Creator set, I think you'll need to buy three of this set to build each version.

Thebrickfan is reported 34.99 Euro so that's what in USD - $50 bucks? Unless the US price is different....? I certainly would load up at $35 USD but not quite excited at $50.

I'm pretty sure this will retail for $34.99; $39.99 tops.

Back box scan of the Back to the Future CUUSOO from http://brickultra.com/lego-back-to-the-future-3-different-delorean-versions/. Apparently it is a "3-in-1" set, but I don't think that all three can be made at the same time:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-07-16 at 4.19.28 PM.png

I think that's a nice touch by TLG to allow the designer to carry out his original concept.  I get that it's not that difficult to add a few more pieces and some instructions, but it's a really good value add for this model.  Perhaps that's why the top piece was changed to the "stepped" look rather than the sloped look? 

Still don't dig the hood design.  Everything else, to me, looks fine.

I think that's a nice touch by TLG to allow the designer to carry out his original concept.  I get that it's not that difficult to add a few more pieces and some instructions, but it's a really good value add for this model.  Perhaps that's why the top piece was changed to the "stepped" look rather than the sloped look? 

Still don't dig the hood design.  Everything else, to me, looks fine.

Yeah the hood is a little weird for sure, but nothing will stop me from having it.

Yeah the hood is a little weird for sure, but nothing will stop me from having it.

Yah. Would be cool to have a complete set of all LEGO CUUSOO's! Almost like LEGO UCS models in their exclusivity. Except not really. Have you seen how much a complete set of UCS models go for on eBay? More than I have.