Ideas #004: 21103 - The Delorean Time Machine

Mos_Eisley

Guest eightbrick

I agree, the only one i like is the one i can't afford, the Shinkai 6500. It's small too, but it looks like a nice display piece.

The DeLorean looks like a Lego knockoff you'd find at the dollar store or the Asian black market.

As a huge underwater research/submarine fan, I also want Shinkai 6500 (although it would be better if they did a more known sub, like Alvin). Yeah, I guess the more I look at the Delorean, the less I like it. No minifigures (a possibility) may be a dealbreaker.

For all you critical people out there of this set, isn't that what we said about the B-Wing until we saw it in the LEGO Store? I know I did. I called it a "hunk of gray bricks", if I remember correctly. I would wait to see it in person before being too negative/critical about it. There are a lot of pieces that look like they could fall off easily though.

I believe cuusoo sets are for display so doesn't really matter since its not really supposed to be played with. Even if this is the final build people will still buy it regardless of this what they are saying about it.

I hope Lego sells tons of these, because it will encourage them to push the Cuusoo program further. In fact, I had hoped that the runaway success of the Minecraft set would have convinced them to give Cuusoo their undivided attention, and they might have released a bigger, higher priced set. Instead, we get what looks like yet another rinky-dink model. So, yeah, buy all you can and then some! Maybe next time Lego will address Cuusoo's full potential.

For all you critical people out there of this set, isn't that what we said about the B-Wing until we saw it in the LEGO Store? I know I did. I called it a "hunk of gray bricks", if I remember correctly. I would wait to see it in person before being too negative/critical about it. There are a lot of pieces that look like they could fall off easily though.

Seeing a build physically is a different experience altogther, but you have to admit that hood is just plain awful. What were they thinking?! The Blue Roadster looks nicer than that!

Seeing a build physically is a different experience altogther, but you have to admit that hood is just plain awful. What were they thinking?! The Blue Roadster looks nicer than that!

I will admit to that one, though I still like the build enough thus far, to eventually buy it.

Check this out - it appears the BTTF set will come with two minifigs: Doc and Marty.

http://brickextra.com/2013/06/25/lego-cuusoo-bttf-delorean-time-machine-set-images/

The fine print says the set will come with instructions to modify the delorean into 3 different versions to match the three movies. That's pretty cool but I don't remember which of the films featured a delorean with a hood that looked like that... So, yeah, still crap. Pbbbbt.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the date is closer....and I was at lego anyway....I asked if they got the new bttf delorean sets in yet. No idea what I was talking about...all 3 of the workers. The manager punched up her incoming orders and said there was nothing for 2 weeks about it in her shipments. Doesn't this go on sale in less than 2 weeks? This was the Braintree mall in mass. And I got the last 3 orc forge sets, 1 Baxter rampage and 2 hot dog stands.

Guest eightbrick

At least the box has some actual BTTF graphics on it, I was worried that it would just be plain like the first two models. Interesting, if you read the buyer benefit section, it says that it builds into three different cars to represent each movie. Perhaps that is why the front is a bit lackadaisical.

(If someone wants to merge it with this thread, (http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/963-back-to-the-future-delorean/),than go ahead.)

Excerpt from The Brick Fan. Link: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-cuusoo-back-to-the-future-delorean-time-machine-21103-official-images/

GRogall over at Eurobricks has revealed the official images of the LEGO CUUSOO Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine (21103). The set contains 401 pieces and will retail for

this picture shows 6 different figs

T2eC16JHJIcFHNdtBYvBR0fFBTg60_3_zpsd168a

This is from the CUUSOO model.  The one posted by DL is from the actual set being released for purchase.  The box art was just released.  You'll also notice the top of the car is different between the two models.

would it be possble to build each car with 401 pc?

if you take out the figures it would leave 125-135 pc per vehicle

or will it be like a creator set where you can build 3 different variants?

seem like the car is not all that big next to the minigures, it would be cool if you could build all three and display

So....release day july 18?

I called my two lego stores today.......one store said mid august release and no price point yet. The other store I had to talk to a manager because the employee had no clue about a back to the future set, didn't even know what cuusoo was(epic fail). The manager said mid august release and no price info but his instinct was that it would be a 30-40 dollar set. Just thought I would share what they said.