Ideas #004: 21103 - The Delorean Time Machine

Mos_Eisley

• 4 weeks later...

That thing looks like an angular, half-pinched, sloppy turd. And it's tiny. Doc would be ashamed. I really can't stress enough how disappointed I am. I bet the guy who submitted the idea is pissed, too. Boo this car.

D- sounds like you're feeling a little salty tonight with all the boos. Give the Delorean (and love) a chance! Remember the actual Delorean is kind of a fugly car, too.

D- sounds like you're feeling a little salty tonight with all the boos. Give the Delorean (and love) a chance! Remember the actual Delorean is kind of a fugly car, too.

I actually think it is actually worse than how he described.

I don't understand their thought process behind it. Obviously it is mainly adults who will be looking at them, considering their nostalgic view of the movie and car. So why produce something so lacklustre? 

Guest eightbrick

Wow, seems like no one likes it; it's getting crucified on Brickset as well. I don't really mind all the junk in the back, but what bugs me is that they used 3 rows of tiles in the front to get the curves of the car when they could have used an angled roof slope piece. On the plus side, I'm loving the formation of the "windshield". Will definitely be picking one up, possibly in pre-order considering what happened to Minecraft.

I doubt that is the production picture---Lego wouldn't release a piece of trash like that.  I really hope it looks like the one pictured below it.  I would rather pay $80 for that model, than pay $10 for the suspected lego official version.  I've seen many deloreans in person--and their main feature is the SLOPING hood/windshield--not that awful looking step.  I really hope that isn't the real one.  They could have made a $100 or $200 set as it will only be adults buying it---using only in house parts. 

I hope if that is really it, they have some seriously good box art-because that mess has dud written all over it.