10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I love both sets and completely understand why this is a hard choice. Which will go EOL first would probably be my deciding factor if I were you. A month or so ago GE was 'sold out' and eBay prices for them immediately jumped $30-50 which is a good sign if/when GE EOLs. The GE price increases could have also been due to the holiday increases that come each year. GE is now available at RRP from shop at home. The question is will TB remain a status of 'sold out' or be available again soon? Hard to say man so pick the one you like most or the one in which you believe will EOL first.

I guess if you look at the previous examples and options for either type, the GE has several other options out, petstore, fire brigade, etc. Where as the tower bridge is really the only large scale model. For me the Tower bridge is the stand alone winner. Not to mention the piece count; tower has twice the number for only $70 extra dollars.

I love both sets and completely understand why this is a hard choice. Which will go EOL first would probably be my deciding factor if I were you. A month or so ago GE was 'sold out' and eBay prices for them immediately jumped $30-50 which is a good sign if/when GE EOLs. The GE price increases could have also been due to the holiday increases that come each year. GE is now available at RRP from shop at home. The question is will TB remain a status of 'sold out' or be available again soon? Hard to say man so pick the one you like most or the one in which you believe will EOL first.

I'm willing to bet that the Tower Bridge is done. A few random ones may show like what happened with the Imperial Flagship, but as far as going back to available on S@H, I doubt it. During the holidays, sets can suddenly jump to "sold out" and then are often changed to "will ship in 30 days" or "will ship on xxxx,xx". But when sets follow the course from readily available, to "call to check product availability" followed with "sold out", that's generally the end. 10212 Imperial Shuttle is currently at the "call to check" level.

I'm willing to bet that the Tower Bridge is done. A few random ones may show like what happened with the Imperial Flagship, but as far as going back to available on LEGO Shop at Home, I doubt it. During the holidays, sets can suddenly jump to "sold out" and then are often changed to "will ship in 30 days" or "will ship on xxxx,xx". But when sets follow the course from readily available, to "call to check product availability" followed with "sold out", that's generally the end. 10212 Imperial Shuttle is currently at the "call to check" level.

Good point! I hope this really is the end of the TB as I stocked up back in the summer :)

Thanks for all the responses and confirming my initial thought to go for the TB first! And rich you should sell onebof your TB and get an imperial shuttle while you still can......or we can stick to the original plan and you can buy mine for One hundred million muahhhaaahaaa!!

Dude that is the one set I need!!! I just purchased some of the new small city sets like the cement truck and tow truck, as well as some Hobbit stuff that I'm a big fan of. Lego is killing me with all these themes, I like them all LOL. What I should have done is not spent my holiday $$$ on these smaller sets and instead grabbed a IS. Im afraid to sell a TB right now since they may be EOL, ahhhh so many options #AFOL problems

Dude that is the one set I need!!! I just purchased some of the new small city sets like the cement truck and tow truck, as well as some Hobbit stuff that I'm a big fan of. Lego is killing me with all these themes, I like them all LOL. What I should have done is not spent my holiday $$$ on these smaller sets and instead grabbed a IS. Im afraid to sell a TB right now since they may be EOL, ahhhh so many options #AFOL problems

LEGO is also killing me with all these themes. Now that I hear Ninjago will be around another year, that is another year of sets I have to buy. I go into a new year with a basic game plan of what sets I want to key on, then that expands rapidly. There are just some themes I really like and want all the sets...STAR WARS, Ninjago, Modulars, Architecture, Hero Factory and every large set out there. Then a hot theme comes along that I really wasn't going to pay attention to, like this years Monster Fighters, and not only do I buy one, but multiples of the sets. It's a vicious cycle that might be repeated with themes like TMNT, Legends Of Chima, etc... I really don't care about these sets from a personal standpoint, but if they are investment winners, I start paying attention real quick.

FYI, Amazon is now limiting the number of these sets you can buy, even checking recent purchases to prevent you form loading up. Tower Bridge is 2 per, Diagon Alley is also 2 per. I suspect this will have the effect of keeping these sets around for a little longer once they go EOL on LEGO Shop at Home.

Just thought I'd drop by--TB is out of stock and has an expected ship date of Jan 17th.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Tower-Bridge-10214

What does "out of stock" mean? Are they making more TBs in the factory?

8% discount on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4657564-Tower-Bridge-10214/dp/B003Q6BQOY

First off...love your avatar. "Out of Stock" in LEGO S@H terms means anything, literally. Maybe the set has been retired. Maybe the set is temporarily actually "out of stock." Maybe the set will come in and out of stock every week or two like the new Minecraft set. In the case of the Tower Bridge, maybe they are being produced because of low inventory. Maybe they are being artificially being held back by LEGO to draw attention to the set and drum up sales. Really, the bottom line is that this set is nearing retirement. If you want one, buy one now. It's a great set and will appreciate very well in the secondary market.

• 3 weeks later...

Just the fact that it is the third largest lego set ever in terms of pieces should be enough to want to jump on it. I just purchased it for $195.00 on ebay and I fully expect it to see some pretty exponential growth once it has been retired for a little while

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this set on the EOL watch list? I know it will continue to show up in stock in bursts in various retail places for some time after today, but is this set currently considered to be on life support before EOLing? I remember this set being in stock on Amazon.com since December when I first became interested in LEGO investing. Seems it finally went OOS, and now 3rd parties are selling it.