10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

For what it is worth:

I think this set is awesome! I rate it to become almost as the 10224 TH and 10221 SSD. I currently own 5 of them. But think this is not enough. Hence, 50 are not even enough when this retires.

Just my 0.02

Sadly, I think you are way overestimating the potential for this set. The Town Hall was a short production run. It was not hoarded. The SSD was too expensive to hoard and has the new movies to stir interest. The Tower Bridge is highly stockpiled and is a British landmark. Many Americans have zero idea what or where it is.

As I have said before, I love the set. It is a tremendous value at $240 and it is beautiful, but for these sets to really hit high levels, they need to be rare. This set won't be rare.

• Like 2

Sadly, I think you are way overestimating the potential for this set. The Town Hall was a short production run. It was not hoarded. The SSD was too expensive to hoard and has the new movies to stir interest. The Tower Bridge is highly stockpiled and is a British landmark. Many Americans have zero idea what or where it is.

As I have said before, I love the set. It is a tremendous value at $240 and it is beautiful, but for these sets to really hit high levels, they need to be rare. This set won't be rare.

I think you mentioned in a post a year or 2 back that this was one of the most hoarded sets according to BP data. Is that still true? Where does it rank (approximately)?

I think you mentioned in a post a year or 2 back that this was one of the most hoarded sets according to BP data. Is that still true? Where does it rank (approximately)?

it was like the 2nd most owned set a year or so ago. Grand Emporium was number one. Fire Brigade lost top status. I have to have Jeff check current sets.

it was like the 2nd most owned set a year or so ago. Grand Emporium was number one. Fire Brigade lost top status. I have to have Jeff check current sets.

Would appreciate checking those type of stats when time permits. I am trying to decide on Red 5, Ewok Village and Tower bridge as next priority.

At the moment it is Red 5 then later Ewok Village. Tower Bridge I like but it is not my style of what I would want. I have always followed buy what you love and Tower Bridge to me is not it. I am starting to wish I had less Pet Shop.

There are not that many RI. It was only widely available for a few months. Just seems that way because everyone is trying to flip it immediately. 

TB is going on five years with no end in sight. I think once it retires it will jump up to 350 or so and be a very slow climb after that. 

There are not that many RI. It was only widely available for a few months. Just seems that way because everyone is trying to flip it immediately.

TB is going on five years with no end in sight. I think once it retires it will jump up to 350 or so and be a very slow climb after that.

Plus people like me who are holding a bunch but haven't done inventory lately. Whoops!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

So based on this reasoning would you be inclined to say the SOH wiuld make for a wiser investment decision?

Most stockpiled sets:

Grand Emporium

Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

Fire Brigade

Superman Vs Power Armor Lex

R2-D2

Tower Bridge

The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Pet Shop

Haunted House

Thank you for taking the time to provide this info. Can I be greedy and ask for a list of the top 20 or 50? Not sure if it is a big deal gathering the information and I don't want to waste your time so if it too much trouble don't worry about it.

I guess Ciglione refers to the european market. I have the same feeling like him. In my opinion TB will perform very good in europe, i have 8 right now and would like to get 7 more for a total of 15. 

• Like 1