10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

Wow, LEGO totally changes the status 180 degrees from day to day. Within 24 hours, it goes from "Call to check product availability" to "Sorry, item is not available in this country: US" to "Available Now". I wonder if the remaining stock is limited and they're shuffling it around, or if LEGO is just messing with us as usual.

I don't think it will do as well as Taj Mahal but my hunch is that this will at least double.

I agree that it probably won't do as well as the Taj Mahal, but I could picture it being a $600 set one day. It "iconic" enough and it looks like the regular MSRP price for both is nearly the same. The Taj Mahal is hard to top because it is THE largest Lego set ever produced, so it is only natural for it to be an amazing performer. I am really surprised that it only retailed for around $270 though.

Corner is intact, with some small wrinkling and a 3 inch crease.

Nothing I would care about but since it's for resale, should I call Lego? Will they have me send it back?

the same thing happened with me when i ordered tower bridge from Amazon they gave me a refund of 45$ for not sending a replacement.. i think you should try calling lego.

its very difficult for a big sets like this to reach 100% in perfect shape

the same thing happened with me when i ordered tower bridge from Amazon they gave me a refund of 45$ for not sending a replacement.. i think you should try calling lego.

its very difficult for a big sets like this to reach 100% in perfect shape

I agree with calling Lego. They have great customer service and they will probably be glad to help you out anyway they can. (Partial refund?)

I received damaged boxes before and I called lego and I was told that I would have to pay for the shipping cost to return the item to them.

I was told the exact opposite, that return shipping is free only if the item is damaged (ie. you pay for shipping if you change your mind)

I received a box with a dent. I called them and they had me return it no charge. Very good company to deal with - no questioning the condition of the box. I did stick a post-it where the dent was so they could easily identify the areaof the dent when they opened the box,

Here's a photo...the crease stops at the edge of the photo. Not huge, but would a buyer care?

I can't imagine many buyers caring. I would buy the item if it was presented clearly in whatever medium you choose to sell it. It's a shame that it happened and maybe Lego by phone would do something about it. I personally would probably not call but that opinion of course will differ from person to person.

10214 is too tricky to call. It's already over 2 years old, which makes it an anomaly for the exclusive world buildings theme. Also, sets of its prestige traditionally go eol toward the latter half of the year, around October through December. If it stays on shelves till then, it'll be almost three years old. At that point, you might assume it might become another 10188 or 10193... Then you take into consideration rumors of its replacement, the Sydney opera house, and everything starts over... Who knows? I won't get one, because it looks like a tedious build, and it's too tough to call for eol.

It had better not become another 10188. That would suck. Wouldn't really make that much sense either - seems like a much more "collectable" display type piece than the Death Star that has a bagillion minifigs. I have a Tower Bridge and there's just not much playability to it, plus it's a pain in the butt to move, so you would wonder why it's EOL would be 3 years. Figuring out Lego is like trying to figure out my wife - it's impossible.

Also, any else think a large scale Sydney Opera house is a dumb idea? I mean it was just released on the small scale Architecture series, and it just seems it would be a boring build. I think the next large scale build that would be cool would be Saint Peter's Basilica, Notre Dame, or the Sagrada Familia. Heck, even a doing the Kremlin would look much cooler than the Sydney Opera House.

Also, any else think a large scale Sydney Opera house is a dumb idea? I mean it was just released on the small scale Architecture series, and it just seems it would be a boring build. I think the next large scale build that would be cool would be Saint Peter's Basilica, Notre Dame, or the Sagrada Familia. Heck, even a doing the Kremlin would look much cooler than the Sydney Opera House.

I think that you're thinking that the Modular theme would have more actual landmarks, rather than generic buildings. I think that the Sydney Opera House is kind of stepping on the Architecture theme's turf, so I doubt Lego would have the modular theme do more of them. They should make a Lego Shop for the Modular theme. Now that, I would definitely buy! We would get extremely mini-pieces and boxes for sets. I think its a great idea!