10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

38 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

I only have two pet shops, and have yet to open any. I want one to build, but I can always to the MOC where with two of them. I don't need more space, or the capital. Just knowing they are sitting there is whats bugging me lol.

You´re lucky to only have 2!

I am putting expiry dates on my sets now to move them on if they are not appreciating - you end up with seals coming off due to age and the ever present risk of the re-release otherwise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

You´re lucky to only have 2!

I am putting expiry dates on my sets now to move them on if they are not appreciating - you end up with seals coming off due to age and the ever present risk of the re-release otherwise.

Yes, the seals definitely start falling off after a few years.  

45 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

I only have two pet shops, and have yet to open any. I want one to build, but I can always to the MOC where with two of them. I don't need more space, or the capital. Just knowing they are sitting there is whats bugging me lol.

I have run out of space to display LEGO sets.  Shame really.  There are many I would like to build.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I see that this is finally Sold Out in the UK, the first time I’ve seen unavailable at SaH in over 6 years! I was looking forward to the EOL of this set, but I just think it’s gonna be a big race to the bottom. It’s likely been massively hoarded for many years and sellers just want rid as I reckon seals are peeling everywhere as they’ve been stored for so long. I think I’m one of the lucky ones offloading at a 10% loss when I did. This set reaching 1x RRP after fees within a year is pushing it IMHO.

17 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I see that this is finally Sold Out in the UK, the first time I’ve seen unavailable at SaH in over 6 years! I was looking forward to the EOL of this set, but I just think it’s gonna be a big race to the bottom. It’s likely been massively hoarded for many years and sellers just want rid as I reckon seals are peeling everywhere as they’ve been stored for so long. I think I’m one of the lucky ones offloading at a 10% loss when I did. This set reaching 1x RRP after fees within a year is pushing it IMHO.

I have a feeling the Brexit will lock up a large share of the European stock inside Britain. I bought a couple of sets at 25% off and expect to sell it in the next two years. 

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, Legojona said:

I have a feeling the Brexit will lock up a large share of the European stock inside Britain. I bought a couple of sets at 25% off and expect to sell it in the next two years. 

When I order from SaH, it nearly always arrives via the Netherlands, so UK retail stock may not be that high. We just need to see what Customs Duty is, if any, after Brexit. However, I only ship big sets within UK mainland only. I really hope I'm wrong about this set as a lot have invested big in these. I have 2 left, 1 to build and hopefully 1 to offset previous losses in 5+ years from now ?

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

When I order from SaH, it nearly always arrives via the Netherlands, so UK retail stock may not be that high. We just need to see what Customs Duty is, if any, after Brexit. However, I only ship big sets within UK mainland only. I really hope I'm wrong about this set as a lot have invested big in these. I have 2 left, 1 to build and hopefully 1 to offset previous losses in 5+ years from now ?

Yeah man, our logistics industry will miss you guys. 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

TB lasted almost as long as the UK did in the EU.

The UK is still very much in the EU. Our dictatorship of a government will find a way to make us stay ;-(

17 minutes ago, Legojona said:

Yeah man, our logistics industry will miss you guys. 

Not just LEGO, a lot of “UK stock” is held in NL. Rotterdam’s a huge port for a reason.

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

We’ll soon find out how well the TB does as it’s finally retired after nearly 9 years. I personally think there’ll be a mass unload as soon as buy-in can be recovered. A beautiful set killed by a long life, hoarding and still very available everywhere. A can imagine all this hoarded stock with peeling seals and damp boxes.

• 1 month later...

I kept 3 very mint condition sets. It's simply a beautiful set, the LEGO modular groups on facebook consistently praise it, and there are a couple of very nice modular MOCs for them.

Keeping a dozen may be hurting, but I think 3 is just the right amount for the more casual investor's portfolio. 

Edited by dx0520

3 hours ago, dx0520 said:

I kept 3 very mint condition sets. It's simply a beautiful set, the LEGO modular groups on facebook consistently praise it, and there are a couple of very nice modular MOCs for them.

Keeping a dozen may be hurting, but I think 3 is just the right amount for the more casual investor's portfolio. 

as far as Lego groups go on Facebook, is anyone a member of what they would call a particularly good group?

• 8 months later...
17 minutes ago, Jimking23 said:

This was my first “lego investment” set I purchased. I wanted to get it before it retired, that was April of 2013.

Many of us are in the same shoes.  I honestly, think it might have gone out of stock once or twice since 2014 and prices bumped slightly... for builders, it's a cool set.  For resellers, the set is a giant dump of bricks even if purchase at 30% off MSRP.

5 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Many of us are in the same shoes.  I honestly, think it might have gone out of stock once or twice since 2014 and prices bumped slightly... for builders, it's a cool set.  For resellers, the set is a giant dump of bricks even if purchase at 30% off MSRP.

We should do a poll to see who doesn´t have any hoarded, same as with T1 and PS. Anyone in reselling prior to 2011 who managed to swerve those 3 turds should get an award.