10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I don't see them recreating anything that has religious implications....... maybe they have before and I just missed it??

Well I wasn't sure, but just read that the actual Taj Mahal has passages from the Quran throughout the structure, so I suppose you could say it could have religious implications... or not? But Lego wasn't too worried about replicating the structure in bricks either way.

• 2 weeks later...

TRU ( although I hate how their prices get jacked up at sale time) has tower bridge at 240. but the second would be at 120. is it worth buying two and putting them away? I am new to this and am trying to purchase those that will give me a good return, even if it takes a few years. Thanx for your input.

Most stores had them for $220 shipped a month or so ago, the sale lasted several weeks, if you don't have one, it'd be smart to have one in your folio but I would hold off on buying extras until a sale is announced. I think the cheapest this one has ever been had for is something like $178 last year on Black Friday. It is a great set for the price and it should do very well once it dies.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing never goes on sale so I guess now is as good of a time as any to pick another up from Amazon just in case.

It did went on sale quite few times - lowest being $199 on Black Friday (now that's a price I wish I got it at!), and I got mine at $220 (roughly 9% off). Because of small damage to the box, Amazon refunded $45 to me, making this set cost me only $175.

Here's to hoping it goes on sale once again for everyone who still wants one.

10214 is too tricky to call. It's already over 2 years old, which makes it an anomoly for the exclusive world buildings theme. Also, sets of its prestige traditionally go eol toward the latter half of the year, around october through december. If it stays on shelves till then, it'll be almost three years old. At that point, you might assume it might become another 10188 or 10193... Then you take into consideration rumors of its replacement, the sydney opera house, and everything starts over... Who knows? I won't get one, because it looks like a tedious build, and it's too tough to call for eol.