10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

It's time for my every 6 month " is 10214 still available at retail" check-in.  

Amazon - check, Target - check, Walmart- check, Lego Shop - check, TRU - check.   dang it,  

on another note, Oct 3, 2017 will be the 8th anniversary of 10214 at retail.  Grrr.

See you in 6 months with a Banderas GIF as it is sold out!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

It'll probably retire this month now that I've got sick of mine and sold them at a loss to make space! However, don't expect them to increase in value for several years as it's simply been out way too long. I'm also about to sell my VW Campers at a £5 loss as these will NEVER retire!

I reckon both will be done in q4 this year so you should hold on till then - what difference does 6 months make when they have been kept for years?

Both of them have substitute models in the Beetle and Big Ben and this year was the overlap.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

It'll probably retire this month now that I've got sick of mine and sold them at a loss to make space! However, don't expect them to increase in value for several years as it's simply been out way too long. I'm also about to sell my VW Campers at a £5 loss as these will NEVER retire!

Sorry for off-topic: Sell me a VW Camper at a good price, shipped to Sweden? :D

Guest TabbyBoy

The problem is that the TB and T1 are huge sellers so why would LEGO retire them? We also lnow that the SOH was lacklustre so LEGO pulled it first and it's performance hasn't been very good so far. Since SOH went before TB, Mini could go before T1.

Can't say the same about TB because I've never seen this set in someone's hands in Store. But I can give you that TabbyBoi that T1 is still selling like hot cakes, most of the time it's gone from shelves at biggest Lego Store in the World in London. Which is ridiculous. Ferrari, Mini or even Beetle can't  get even close to T1 performance. People just love this set after all these years which is inexplicable to me but I can condone. I know how much frustartion this one is making among AFOL's and investors.

• Like 1

The T1 is just a popular vehicle and will stay popular. Not sure if  they will retire it since there really is no reason to retire it. Having it out there  doesn't seem the affect any other sets.

And another reason the Towerbridge sells as well as it does because of all the pieces ( lot of Tan) so it's great for MOC builders.

I think I have 10 of these and they'll do fine I'm sure

On 4/9/2017 at 6:39 PM, ravenb99 said:

Already posted many times this is not going to fully retire.  Maybe won't be available in us but through a few good sources will always be available in London which will make it hard to fully rise

Possibly like the Disney Castle in Disney properties.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Found one of these with no box or instructions, 26 of 28 bags are sealed, no idea what (if anything) is missing from the other 2. A few of the large plates/tiles are missing. I was thinking of asking $80. Do you think that's too much or reasonable considering that the majority of the set is still sealed?

There are lots of contents photos of the 10214 - You can likely identify the missing bags.

I would think looking for another partial to complete one of the sets would be worthwhile.

If you don't want to wait - send me a couple photos (I would likely buy it shipped for 80)

2 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Found one of these with no box or instructions, 26 of 28 bags are sealed, no idea what (if anything) is missing from the other 2. A few of the large plates/tiles are missing. I was thinking of asking $80. Do you think that's too much or reasonable considering that the majority of the set is still sealed?

I know that's $80us but yeh, just for the sake of two bags I'd buy that for sure.. and now I realise I'm not in the thread I thought I was in.  Oops.

Edited by Furious_george