10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

4 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Found one of these with no box or instructions, 26 of 28 bags are sealed, no idea what (if anything) is missing from the other 2. A few of the large plates/tiles are missing. I was thinking of asking $80. Do you think that's too much or reasonable considering that the majority of the set is still sealed?

Figure out which elements are missing.  TB uses common elements so the price will be cheap.

So I bet buying missing elements won't cost much.  

Plus the manuals can be found on bricklink (US sellers) for under $5 before postage.

Guest TabbyBoy
33 minutes ago, Ma-gic said:

Certainly not at that price as they're often available for under €180 each.

€199.99 at Amazon IT rght now ;-)

It seems like the seller is fed up of holding them for so long, I know the feeling. I sold mine at a 10% loss and now really glad I did as I can easily buy back for less.

10 hours ago, Shewie said:

you can take this a part and sell as a individual bricks on BL or other similiar markets with ROI about 150%

Sorry for bothering you but I've been asking myself over and over again since you showed up on the site: Who is that guy with paint on his face and why does he have paint on his face?! Just trying to regain my peace of mind. Thx

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Sorry for bothering you but I've been asking myself over and over again since you showed up on the site: Who is that guy with paint on his face and why does he have paint on his face?! Just trying to regain my peace of mind. Thx

The facepaint is Tom Hiddleston in High Rise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Brickowski said:

12 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

I've never built this one, is it a fun build, or is it pretty repetitive?

Meanwhile the OP still has no answer to to their question. I have not built this one because I recall reading that it is a mirror build so half repetitive with lots of 1x1 pieces. Also no numbered bags so if you enjoy sorting this one may be for you.  As long as it has been out I know lots of members have posted built pics so hopefully a few chime in. Until then maybe this helps. 

13 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

I think it's probably a bit of both. It is repetitive, but it's also an accurate representation of the source material. I enjoyed building it because I really dig the size and part count on these large landmark sets. Of course, I'm a big fan of the architecture sets as well. 

I wish LEGO would do more of them, perhaps an annual release like the Modular Buildings or the UCS Star Wars sets. There is no shortage of available landmarks to recreate.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I sometimes wish that I held one back to build, but at least I can now buy one cheaper and in the newer box. I should be ashamed of myself as it's in my capital city and frankly the most beautiful bridge in the World. No visit to London is complete without walking across it.

This could've beaten the Taj Mahal if it wasn't available for so long ;-)

15 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

I'm about 2/3 through it right now.  There are some pretty repetitive parts, especially the parts with tons of cheese wedges, and as has been said the two towers are identical so by definition they are pretty repetitive.  I think just by the design of this one there is a limit to how creative the build can get to build a couple towers.  However, I am still having fun bulding it, and it's cool to see how it comes together.  

• Like 2

Just gotta say since 2013, the amount of dickish people on this board has increased exponentially. I'm astounded lately by what people post on this forum. 

Civility is always a work in progress. Some members get it, others struggle with it, and a few decide to ignore it. It's the internet, you are always gonna have snarky posts. The more popular a forum gets, the more it proliferates. We can't control what others post but we can control how we react and respond.

As far as the TB goes, I'm keeping one to build but I've sold most of stash for a loss to pay for more Exos.
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Whom are you referring to. Me or Furious_gerorge? I would say everyone's opinions are substantial, you just gotta decide what you wanna do.

The person I quoted. Not you dude; you asked a harmless question. And let's be real for a second; over the past 4 years, this hobby has attracted some extraordinarily toxic individuals. And I'll never get the people like I quoted above who don't understand their own hypocrisy. I keep watching it get worse and I had to jump out of lurking for a quick second to say so. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ExoBro94 said:

The person I quoted. Not you dude; you asked a harmless question. And let's be real for a second; over the past 4 years, this hobby has attracted some extraordinarily toxic individuals. And I'll never get the people like I quoted above who don't understand their own hypocrisy. I keep watching it get worse and I had to jump out of lurking for a quick second to say so. 

All message boards are like that. BP is much better than most. imdb had to shut theirs down it got so bad. 

On topic - I used to have 12 TBs, now have zero. That's that. 

• Like 3