10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

Harden up you big sook. I only stated an idea. If that hurts your feelings, don't read it.

Knock it off... for your information ExoBro is one of the most helpful members who ever regularly posted. Calling him a big sook is not cool and just proves his point that people somehow feel that the anonymity of the internet allows them to act like immature children making fun of each other in the school yard.

Guess what folks, in 2017 that's no longer acceptable behaviour for kids. Why would you think it is for adults?

PS No need to reply, PM me if you don't agree or wish to discuss further. :P
  • Like 1

It's only Lego people..  It's only Lego.  Remember, it's  plastic and little plastic people.  If everyone knew what Lego was going to do, man this all would be very boring.  It's a landmark item and a landmark set. Could be around for years yet.  No need to yell at one another.  There are hundreds of other sets to talk about.

• 9 months later...

I got into this hobby six years ago and quickly amassed over ten of these sets, spending a lot of hard earned money. This guy is another death star it seems, there have been many other sets that have been introduced and discontinued but it lives on. Does anyone have any speculation about what is up with this?

• Like 1

It sells well and with it in the gift shop overseas there is no point to stop it. Even if it does retire in US eventually plans were to keep selling it in gift shop. It is supposedly at the end of the 3 year extension but can always get extended again. Some say it will never retire. Glad I sold when they were $350 about 1.5 years ago.  

29 minutes ago, redeemed763 said:

I got into this hobby six years ago and quickly amassed over ten of these sets, spending a lot of hard earned money. This guy is another death star it seems, there have been many other sets that have been introduced and discontinued but it lives on. Does anyone have any speculation about what is up with this?

I think it was @Shewie that posted a while ago that according to reliable sources the set would either never retire or if it did retire would always be available at the LONDON LEICESTER SQUARE lego store  #GrainOfSalt 

ETA Ninjaed

Edited by Pseudoty

I remember about 4 years ago while at the Lego Store an employee touted the Tower Bridge's eminent retirement.
I ALMOST bought one (or two) for investment...

I think the Tower Bridge, Big Ben, and the London Bus will be around together for awhile (like VW Camper Van, Beetle, and perhaps the Mini Cooper).

Guest TabbyBoy

The Tower Bridge and VW T1 are both in the wholesale catalogue assigned to "a well known UK department store" with no limits for the duration of 2018. I've not seen it as it was read out to me over the phone. We need to wait until 2019 at least to see if they're in danger of getting pulled. I've now sold a lot of these at a small loss, but I've got it all back and then some by putting the funds to better use. I asked about other sets, but she couldn't spend too long with me. If it's to do with these sets being popular then why isn't the 21104 Mars Rover still in production? That was TOOS nearly throughout its life and a maximum limit of 5x while some other sets were 99x. I had to order in the US in the end and bring them back as pre-cleared cargo.

Edited by TabbyBoy
All thumbs

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

Heh.  2109 sounds about right.

LOL - fixed. I really need to be able to spell numbers properly. I blame my hangover, 2 bottles of Warninks last night!

• 5 months later...

Learning when to cut your losses and adapt is one of the most valuable skills as a business person.

I started buying up Legos 4 years ago. Slowly accumulating stock. Some winners and losers. I was selling the big winners, super happy with myself. Two years ago I snapped. I couldn't access any of my stuff (too full, lack of profits w.e) I went on a spree selling 85% of what I had. Including TB, VW, TOO, DS..

It ended up being the best decision of my business career. The number of options I had to invest was incredible. Amazon saw my sales volume and gave me access to a lot more opportunities...

The more opportunities you have, the more failures you'll have. Handle those with grace and you'll continue to succeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

what do you mean by this? did they hook you up with suppliers to list as fba? they gave you cash to buy inventory?

I started getting invites for Amazon Lending and started getting auto approved for most brands.

I'd normally recommend against using lending to purchase inventory however it's nice to have available if a good opportunity arises. I leveraged it last year when Walmart/TRU had some insane deals. 

The only way small sellers become huge is by long incremental gains or leveraging borrowed capital (risky).

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

I started getting invites for Amazon Lending and started getting auto approved for most brands.

I'd normally recommend against using lending to purchase inventory however it's nice to have available if a good opportunity arises. I leveraged it last year when Walmart/TRU had some insane deals. 

The only way small sellers become huge is by long incremental gains or leveraging borrowed capital (risky).

Amazon lending? Really? Sounds like a really bad idea. 

Amazon lending? Really? Sounds like a really bad idea. 
Using debt to fund inventory is not a bad idea if you know what you're doing and can reduce your risk of getting stuck with stagnant inventory, but Amazon Lending is not a good place to borrow...the rates that Amazon offers are not super and they don't offer high credit lines. You're better off using balance transfer offers on credit cards or getting a bank line of credit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app