10214 - Tower Bridge

5 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Many of us are in the same shoes.  I honestly, think it might have gone out of stock once or twice since 2014 and prices bumped slightly... for builders, it's a cool set.  For resellers, the set is a giant dump of bricks even if purchase at 30% off MSRP.

We should do a poll to see who doesn´t have any hoarded, same as with T1 and PS. Anyone in reselling prior to 2011 who managed to swerve those 3 turds should get an award.

14 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Many of us are in the same shoes.  I honestly, think it might have gone out of stock once or twice since 2014 and prices bumped slightly... for builders, it's a cool set.  For resellers, the set is a giant dump of bricks even if purchase at 30% off MSRP.

the only ones I ever bought were @ 50% off from WM.. Once I find my treasure map I might be able to dig them out . 

I just don’t understand why Lego won’t let this set just die.  Is it really that good of a seller at the $239 (or whatever MSRP is).  

I get why the VW van is a decent seller but Tower Bridge?    lower price point and compact to display  

Displaying even 1/2 of a built TB is a challenge.  I assume it’s for the same CEO’s w/ huge offices that display sets like MF, Taj, and SSDs.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

I just don’t understand why Lego won’t let this set just die.  Is it really that good of a seller at the $239 (or whatever MSRP is).  

It has retired here in Europe a few months ago... still available in the US?

The only thing I can figure is that the cost to LEGO for this set is next to zero. I believe it uses a ton of common bricks. Just print a new batch of manuals, a new batch of boxes and away they go.

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

The only thing I can figure is that the cost to LEGO for this set is next to zero. I believe it uses a ton of common bricks. Just print a new batch of manuals, a new batch of boxes and away they go.

Just like Taj Mahal. 98% standard bricks with low lot count. Easy.

I have only a single one which I could immediately flip for 30 % profit, but I guess there is no rush to do so.