10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

14 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Many of us are in the same shoes.  I honestly, think it might have gone out of stock once or twice since 2014 and prices bumped slightly... for builders, it's a cool set.  For resellers, the set is a giant dump of bricks even if purchase at 30% off MSRP.

the only ones I ever bought were @ 50% off from WM.. Once I find my treasure map I might be able to dig them out . 

I just don’t understand why Lego won’t let this set just die.  Is it really that good of a seller at the $239 (or whatever MSRP is).  

I get why the VW van is a decent seller but Tower Bridge?    lower price point and compact to display  

Displaying even 1/2 of a built TB is a challenge.  I assume it’s for the same CEO’s w/ huge offices that display sets like MF, Taj, and SSDs.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have one that I have opened and built, but would like to sell.  Just visited Ebay to look at recent sale prices.

Holy cow!  This set is not doing well.  I bought mine for $240 (?) or whatever the MSRP from Lego was, many years ago.  A great set that is a very impressive display piece, lots of SNOT build techniques, and tons of bricks that work well in making castle or similar MOCs, so for me, it was a no-brainer set to buy, build, enjoy, and invest in.

I think it lingered on the market way too long, and in reading the last few pages of this thread, it seems to have gone through massive discounts towards the end of its life.  Seems like you can get a decent used example now for $150 US.   

At this point, I think I might keep it and build it again.  Display it for a while, and enjoy it.  Don't really want to sell it for a $100 loss.

This one is a real surprise for me.

Thought it would be selling for $400 or something now.

43 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I have one that I have opened and built, but would like to sell.  Just visited Ebay to look at recent sale prices.

Holy cow!  This set is not doing well.  I bought mine for $240 (?) or whatever the MSRP from Lego was, many years ago.  A great set that is a very impressive display piece, lots of SNOT build techniques, and tons of bricks that work well in making castle or similar MOCs, so for me, it was a no-brainer set to buy, build, enjoy, and invest in.

I think it lingered on the market way too long, and in reading the last few pages of this thread, it seems to have gone through massive discounts towards the end of its life.  Seems like you can get a decent used example now for $150 US.   

At this point, I think I might keep it and build it again.  Display it for a while, and enjoy it.  Don't really want to sell it for a $100 loss.

lesson learned...any set that's "too good", will stay un-retired and languish for years (The Tom Brady treatment).

An example I can think of off the top would be the current Creator expert Ford Mustang...she's a beauty...almost flawless as a LEGO set.  if it was to suddenly retire I could see 2x RRP instantly and probably plateau at 3x to 4x for a few years and could eventually become a unicorn 

that said even on shelves for the next 10 years...post retirement could still yield 2x almost right away...look at Parisian Restaurant

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

While you're thinking about building it again, consider this modular building alternate build requiring nothing except for the London Bridge set itself:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-11989/InyongBricks/10214-tower-bridge-alternative-build/#comments

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, locidm said:

While you're thinking about building it again, consider this modular building alternate build requiring nothing except for the London Bridge set itself:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-11989/InyongBricks/10214-tower-bridge-alternative-build/#comments

I built that one two weeks ago.. I had a complete 10214 set and there are some typos / mistakes in the PDF file as for the 2nd floor regarding the tiles on the floor (two were missing in the original inventory), then on the 3rd floor with Sphinx and Eastern Island statue, there is one 1x4 dark grey brick missing in the inventory, cca 2-3 light grey 1x4 bricks are missing for the borders of these exhibitions on the 3rd floor and thats about it.. quite a huge lot of unused pieces remained. I could pinpoint probably the exact pages in PDF file where the author somehow "miscalculated" - or was lucky enough to have these as some extra spare parts included in his Factory box.

and yeah.. one more thing.. the wall on the ground floor next to the fridge is unnecessary one stud to close - you can not open the doors fully. I dont understand why.