10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Guest TabbyBoy

Too right! Although the golden age of investing in Lego already passed..still the returns it gives is better than any bank around the world. Plus I make my money working for me instead of giving them to the greedy bankers and making them even more rich off my back... The two worst things ever happened to this Planet are Banks & Religion! 

Human's third!

Too right! Although the golden age of investing in Lego already passed..still the returns it gives is better than any bank around the world. Plus I make my money working for me instead of giving them to the greedy bankers and making them even more rich off my back... The two worst things ever happened to this Planet are Banks & Religion! 

You are still making greedy bankers rich by investing in lego.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just spoken to "2nd level support" at LEGO as my promos were left on my home doorstep and got soaked in the rain - I didn't ask for replacements as I want to stay under the radar and I give them away to local schools anyway. This was due to a website glitch when ordering as I did select my work address. However, they can't amend delivery for the 5x 10245 so I just hope that they're delivered on a dry day and not stolen. What I was told that the final batch for this season are being signed off from the factory on 02FEB and production will likely resume again in September in time for next Xmas. I asked about the WVM and was told that this was the final year.  All taken with one molecule of NaCl of course!

Guest TabbyBoy

It is annoying that their delivery defaults to your credit card address. I once received a 'surprise' package when I happened to be working from home and I realized I'd clicked the wrong button.

But as this promo  is a polybag, surely its waterproof?

I definitely selected work address as I always do. This was during the "glitch" when they no longer had flower carts and settings may have defaulted.  However, I'm pleased to say they sent me a Valentine's Dinner instead which I'll keep along with a Martian Manhunter polybag. Luckily the VD (LOL) box was only a bit wet and I'm building it anyway to put on the table when I take the lady out for dinner. The locals in the pub/restaurant know of my LEGO fetish and this should amuse all.

I'm unfamiliar with the seasonals... given that production will go into hiatus for 6 or 7 months on these, do people here think there will be high demand from people during that hiatus? Or will it die off until around the holidays?

Well demand will definitely decrease when it's not the lead up to Christmas, but then but then again supply appears to be limited also, so there is a chance for a flip during this time. The danger is these might not go into hiatus over the course of the year, the WVM were generally available for a majority of 2014 from memory.  

The orders for this set from LEGO Shop at Home are all in warehouse including those placed a few weeks ago and those placed today.  Interesting enough it is now back to out of stock with a January 29 date.  I think this thing is starting the dance where they will stop production soon until the fall.  I already sold 6 of these at $109 each pretty fast in the last week.  I think that if this item becomes unavailable for the summer these sets will rise nicely for the summer even though they will be coming back later this year.  I am not putting up for sale the remaining nine I have coming in and will see where it goes.

The orders for this set from LEGO Shop at Home are all in warehouse including those placed a few weeks ago and those placed today.  Interesting enough it is now back to out of stock with a January 29 date.  I think this thing is starting the dance where they will stop production soon until the fall.  I already sold 6 of these at $109 each pretty fast in the last week.  I think that if this item becomes unavailable for the summer these sets will rise nicely for the summer even though they will be coming back later this year.  I am not putting up for sale the remaining nine I have coming in and will see where it goes.

lets just hope they actually ship and not get cancelled!

The orders for this set from LEGO Shop at Home are all in warehouse including those placed a few weeks ago and those placed today. Interesting enough it is now back to out of stock with a January 29 date. I think this thing is starting the dance where they will stop production soon until the fall. I already sold 6 of these at $109 each pretty fast in the last week. I think that if this item becomes unavailable for the summer these sets will rise nicely for the summer even though they will be coming back later this year. I am not putting up for sale the remaining nine I have coming in and will see where it goes.

So they stop production and then start up later in the year? I didn't know they did that for sets. I thought they just churn them out at a steady pace until it's time to retire them. I want to buy a couple sets but I don't want to wait until later in the year and then find out they won't produce anymore. That would suck.

So they stop production and then start up later in the year? I didn't know they did that for sets. I thought they just churn them out at a steady pace until it's time to retire them. I want to buy a couple sets but I don't want to wait until later in the year and then find out they won't produce anymore. That would suck.

I think they only do that for the Christmas sets, bro.

Edited by vexxet

Guest TabbyBoy

1 of my 5x 10245 on backorder just turned up in a wet box (left on doorstep), I'll build this for next Xmas.  Anything else that turns up wet gets returned as I definitely put work and not home address.