10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

My order got cancelled. Also in the same order, a LOTR 79007 and a few Castle 70400s.

At a guess they had a set number in the warehouse and it was first come, first serve basis. Not though why it took them 3 weeks to tell us. I could have ordered 3 Bike Shops are 30% off in the meantime. :(

Update on LEGO Shop at Home (US) santa's workshops from yesturday.  My order moved from backorderd, to waiting for new stock, to in warehouse, over the course of the day.

interestingly however SW is now sitting at the bottom of the barrel with will ship in 30 days.  It has been demoted  to the likes of petshop and red5, just shy of the "sale" items. my guess is this set is done till the fall, keep an eye on amazon and tru.

Guest TabbyBoy

Wow so are they going to retire this until fall in the UK like they did with WVM? Did they do that with the cottage? 

It can be ordered at the US LEGO Shop at Home. You guys can order it from amazon here too, it's been popping up a lot. 

Yes, I was told that when I spoke to LEGO CS in the UK.  They said it's so popular that a return in October is very likely.  It's no skin off my nose whether it does or not.

looks like the workshops have a ship date of march here in the US now.  Thinking they may keep these trickling out here in the US since demand is still high.  Though it could also be all those canceled sale orders from EU are shipping over here to sell at full US dollar value...

Just got my SW I ordered from "Amazon.com LLC" about a week or so ago at the retail price before poof.  When I got it, the box has obviously been opened.  One of the original seals was missing and it tore the box, and the other seal is taped to the inner flap. Anyone else receive one like this from amazon?  Who else bought one and opened it?  how many bags should be included?  I don't think I will have a problem reselling, just disappointed it came like this. 

Is this set available every christmas?

No. It was the new set for 2014. Every year they have a new winter village set and last year's set. This year was Santa's workshop and winter village market. So in theory, Santa will either be available all year or they will just being it back for next holiday season.

Sent from my XT1095 using Brickpicker mobile app

Edited by tabolton314

• 4 weeks later...

SW is pure gold, I wish I had more last Christmas.  Most of us are looking to buy at Amazon or Target or Toyrus when it pops up due to risk of ban by Lego Company if you happen to buy 15 from Lego Shop at Home in November/December.  Its better to buy a few here and there.  Its only February so you still have time but I bought four from Target yesterday and two from Amazon last week.