10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Yeah, SW should have another run this year and like many others have stated - this set is awesome. I only wish they made the reindeers as figures like they did the sled dogs in the arctic theme. I would prefer that a bit more, altough the reindeers made of bricks are also not bad.

So far I have every Winter Village set so far except this one and I will be stocking up on several of these in this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that this set has been up on Amazon for 69.95 for a week or so, and still OOS at SAH, what's your opinion on this set for this Christmas?  I still plan on getting 1-2 per month while it is at retail to sell at Christmas, but if they are making more this year, will that lower our margins later this year when demand picks up?

***just checked amazon and it went OOS as I was typing this***

Edited by Spelunkin_Paul

If this is OOS at Christmas it's gold again. There were so many at LEGO B&M last December they were stacked on the floor in multiple piles, then poof, then $$$. Anyone planning to sell them for less than last year when this happens should just throw their money out in to the street instead of investing.

The best part of the set is the buy in, $30 less than $100. People won't blink to drop $100 on this at xmas, so $120-$150 isn't a stretch

If it's in and out of stock now, I'm sure won't be around much then

I'm hoping WVM is gone, so I can do some combos to differentiate a little

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Edited by justapilgrim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nightbricker

Some are expecting this set to come back around christmas..is this very common ? I mean for a 'officially retired' set to rise from the dead in less than a year..

It's retired in Europe (LEGO Shop at Home) and i think the only winter village set that has been available for more than one season is winter village market. Surprisingly that one is still available where i live, whereas i never saw Santas Workshop in any stores. It's the only one missing from my winter collection and i kinda hope it comes back although i'm doubting it.

Some are expecting this set to come back around christmas..is this very common ? I mean for a 'officially retired' set to rise from the dead in less than a year..

It's retired in Europe (LEGO Shop at Home) and i think the only winter village set that has been available for more than one season is winter village market. Surprisingly that one is still available where i live, whereas i never saw Santas Workshop in any stores. It's the only one missing from my winter collection and i kinda hope it comes back although i'm doubting it.

It is still in production, I ordered one from sah yesterday. The winter sets have a 2 year production cycle.

• Like 1