10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

It is still in production, I ordered one from sah yesterday. The winter sets have a 2 year production cycle.

Not quite, they used to have a 3 SEASON production cycle, they would launch in the fall and be out for two subsequent holiday seasons, then they killed that with the post office and switched to a two SEASON production cycle. For the past three years, it hasn't been easy to find a set after christmas the was released on the previous season. The actual production run only lasts for about 16 months for the post office, cottage and market, I would expect santa's workshop to follow this cycle as well but it is possible that they will extend the run if Lego continues its pattern of underproducing this set into the coming season. 

Edited by redeemed763

So these have gone to unorderable at LEGO Shop at Home - everyone's favorite - TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.

still at amazon.  for how long....

About 7 months of stocking up left before it gets hard to find.

This set did great last year - unless things drastically change it will go EOL this holiday season and will be tough to accumulate then .

So either way this set is gold from a QFLL perspective or long term hold.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

So these have gone to unorderable at LEGO Shop at Home - everyone's favorite - TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.

still at amazon. for how long....

This set did great last year - unless things drastically change it will go EOL this holiday season and will be tough to accumulate then .

To come to think of it, indeed this is available now and might be all year till Xmas season. Once this becomes sold out what are the odds that this set will be readily available early 2016 for us to start stocking up long term? I really don't want to be F5ing this set or any set.

What I'm trying to say is, stock up now cause if this set catches fire again this year, it will be hard to restock your shelves of these.

What are people's quota for this set anyway? Just curious. For me I'd like to or plan to sell 10-15 of these this coming season. And I'd like to have 10-15 to hold long term. So 30 or more is the number I'd love to shoot for. Haha.

still at amazon. for how long....

I have no insider knowledge, but my sneaking suspicion is that this one will last for another year (or more?) because of its popularity. We know TLG has extended production cycles based on high sales, so why would this be any different? If lack of availability is any indication, this thing is selling like hotcakes (copyright pending) and has sold non-stop since release.

Purely speculation on my part, but SW seems primed to be extended another year.

I think you're right. There is no reason to kill a super popular set like SW, especially after WVM which was likely a bust. Why would LEGO come up with another one with unknown prospect when they have a sure thing based on current sales figures?

I also think the biggest risks for building up large inventory is if the next winter season set is also based on Santa. That could be the less risky choice for TLG. Another good Santa design could reduce the value of SW during the all important Christmas season.

With all these said, I have build up a decent inventory for my scale. I think you can make good money on this during Holidays but I see some risks for lower price point than the $150-$180 we got in 2014.

• 1 month later...

I know the last post on this thread was about a month ago...but I believe I saw this set go OOS at Amazon (for MSRP) just a bit ago today. It seems to be gone now everywhere. Guess we maybe waiting till new production cycle this fall...

SAH in Europe is saying this is retired, thought these had a 2 Christmas cycle.​

I know the last post on this thread was about a month ago...but I believe I saw this set go OOS at Amazon (for MSRP) just a bit ago today. It seems to be gone now everywhere. Guess we maybe waiting till new production cycle this fall...

​I don't think there will be anymore new production this fall...this set is already retired.

​I don't think there will be anymore new production this fall...this set is already retired.

​Shop @ Home still shows temp OOS. Considering how well this set sold this past season, I wouldn't think that Lego would leave money on the table. Based on previous posts on BP, it seems that production is tight and many assume they would ramp up closer to holiday season...I could be wrong...but just what I have read.

Plus, it seems typically this theme gets two year holiday cycle...but then again WMV is still available too.

​NOPE.

​Well according to S@H in the UK it is...

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Santa-s-Workshop-10245?_requestid=157446

But before we all continue being OH SO HELPFUL ... Let's recap: Winter Village Market was marked retired _only in parts of Europe_ after it's first Xmas season. It came out of retirement to be sold again worldwide.

Further unhelpful posts will be sent to the trash bin and I will refer you all to this fine thread: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4926-forum-rules-regulations-facts-and-etiquette/

​Well according to LEGO Shop at Home in the UK it is...

But before we all continue being OH SO HELPFUL ... Let's recap: Winter Village Market was marked retired _only in parts of Europe_ after it's first Xmas season. It came out of retirement to be sold again worldwide.

Further unhelpful posts will be sent to the trash bin and I will refer you all to this fine thread: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4926-forum-rules-regulations-facts-and-etiquette/

​Apologies if my NOPE was offensive.  This SW thread seems to just be very circular.  Page after page of someone saying the set is retired, followed by someone saying that these holiday sets have a 2 year cycle, followed by noting that the other holiday sets came out of retirement in the UK, followed by the suggestion that it's a popular set why wouldn't lego bring it back for another year?

It's like listening to my Grandfather tell a story.  Anywho, sorry to be negative.  It will be back for next Christmas, I'll unsubscribe from this thread.  Good day to you sirs and ladies.

• Like 4

​Well according to LEGO Shop at Home in the UK it is...

​I was in my local Toyworld this morning and seen posters advising that the set is making its return in June as a Toyworld exclusive (like WVM) in Australia.

The posters were Official LEGO, so I can confirm with authority.

Edited by Lucifersfury

Hi, 

What do you guys think of Lego 10245 - Santa's Workshop?  Is it a good investment, a good set to resell at a later date?

thanks, 

johm

It's a winner.  I would hold onto it since point to these holiday sets only lasting 2-3 years max. Usually 2 years after debuting. 

• 2 weeks later...

How much you guys think this would reach by December 2015? Currently went up to $90 from msrp $70, not bad.

​It hit $175 December 2014. It will be at least $70-$100 this year.  Another shortage may mean $150'ish.

Probably too many low ballers holding them now that will be happy with $120.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

If I net $100 on this after fees/shipping, I'll be happy.   That's about a $125 sale on eBay, which I don't think is too unrealistic.

How / where did you buy it for less than $25 ? 

Nvm, it seemed like you did not count cost of goods :(  But if I was wrong, do tell ;)

Edited by Darth_Raichu

How / where did you buy it for less than $25 ? 

Nvm, it seemed like you did not count cost of goods :(  But if I was wrong, do tell ;)

​My mistake.  Should have said "gross".   My buy-in has been at $69 on this set.  $30 profit for a 10 month hold on a $69 purchase is just fine by me.  :)

It is rare that any set brings the meaty beaty big _AND_ bouncy QFLL opportunity this set was for Holidays 2014.

Expecting it to be that way again December 2015 is like thinking DC was going to be a hit last year.

Still, long term this set because of the dirt cheap buy in is a gold nugget.

Easy 3x MSRP by Xmas 2017.

SantaWo is such an investing lay-up, its nearly impossible to get your hands on any decent quantity.

Meanwhile the actually retired WVM lingers like the smell of putrefied fish seared on a stove top.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3