10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

This set will definately be back. It's announced as a new release for September in an official German LEGO catalog for the 2nd half of the year ("Juli - Dezember 2015"). So more buying opportunities lie ahead!

as expected, only question is how much bandwidth do they have to churn these out.  Will the market flood or will it remain hard to get a hold of leading up to Dec 25th...

This set will definately be back. It's announced as a new release for September in an official German LEGO catalog for the 2nd half of the year ("Juli - Dezember 2015"). So more buying opportunities lie ahead!

I sure hope so.  I've been kicking myself all summer for not picking up more from TRU when they were available in the Spring. It will be interesting to see how big the barge is for this one...or how many barges there are for that matter.

It's a great set, lots of people here doubled up instantly. (SW + MC + $10 set, was easily $200+ sales with the seasonal set thrown in). Even if it is abundance this xmas, stash it away to double up next year. No worries

Yep.  I plan to sell half this year and half next year.  I might adjust that strategy if it flops or takes off.

Sometimes excellent sets perform poorly, and vice versa.

But my point is that so many people assume everything will go up forever. 

It's all about supply and demand. Nobody knows for sure what the balance will be for Santa's Workshop after EOL.

Sometimes excellent sets perform poorly, and vice versa.

But my point is that so many people assume everything will go up forever. 

It's all about supply and demand. Nobody knows for sure what the balance will be for Santa's Workshop after EOL.

Sure but I think they'll be focusing on the 2015 Christmas set...

• 4 weeks later...

I hope everyone is right on this one and it comes back this year.  My only concern is that I don't remember anything that was listed as "Temporarily Out of Stock" on the US LEGO Shop at Home ever coming back in stock, with the exception of the Tumbler.  Consistently it has seemed as though TLG just didn't want to admit that the item is sold out.  10225 was listed at TOOS all through last fall and winter until the calendar changed.  I'm a little concerned that 10245 and the Simpsons House are both done.  Hope I'm wrong.

And as for the 2015 set, I really hope those rumors are wrong.  I don't want to see a rehash of the Toy Store.  Too many other buildings to make.

I hope everyone is right on this one and it comes back this year.  My only concern is that I don't remember anything that was listed as "Temporarily Out of Stock" on the US LEGO Shop at Home ever coming back in stock, with the exception of the Tumbler.  Consistently it has seemed as though TLG just didn't want to admit that the item is sold out.  10225 was listed at TOOS all through last fall and winter until the calendar changed.  I'm a little concerned that 10245 and the Simpsons House are both done.  Hope I'm wrong.

And as for the 2015 set, I really hope those rumors are wrong.  I don't want to see a rehash of the Toy Store.  Too many other buildings to make.

Temporarily out of stock on Lego.com means temporarily out of stock.  I've bought plenty of sets that have been temporarily out of stock including SW. 

pretty sure it's not done yet...I would start looking for it around September or so...BTW, this was available for a couple of days a week or so ago...

• 3 weeks later...