10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

I bet this year after everyone has 100 of these each, lego keeps supply flowing and does not retire the set. This one seems like a crowded trade now. Much to pay attention to these day.

while I expect  that Santa will perform the same as DC did in its second holiday season, I don't buy into the notion that Lego adjust its production because resellers decide to jump on a set ( any set) at the very last minute . Seems like a horrible way to run a company and too narrow sighted . 

• Like 5

while I expect  that Santa will perform the same as DC did in its second holiday season, I don't buy into the notion that Lego adjust its production because resellers decide to jump on a set ( any set) at the very last minute . Seems like a horrible way to run a company and too narrow sighted . 

that was so nice it needed to be said twice 

Bold that is not what I meant. What I meant was that lego just has regular sustained production as they should rather than the short supply like we saw last year. Everyone is expecting the same as last year, thus they are loading up. It is almost a contrarian position I am taking. Once the masses make a move, the best opportunity has passed. I would love to see this hit 170 again.

Bold that is not what I meant. What I meant was that lego just has regular sustained production as they should rather than the short supply like we saw last year. Everyone is expecting the same as last year, thus they are loading up. It is almost a contrarian position I am taking. Once the masses make a move, the best opportunity has passed. I would love to see this hit 170 again.

It will be a steady $140-$150 again.  LEGO won't be able to keep up with production through the holidays as they're ramping up for 2016 sets.  Folks will just have to decide to sell at $150, or hold out for $200+.

• Like 1

It will be a steady $140-$150 again.  LEGO won't be able to keep up with production through the holidays as they're ramping up for 2016 sets.  Folks will just have to decide to sell at $150, or hold out for $200+.

that's overly optimistic . I don't really a time last year where I could put an order for 50 while others were grabbing a 100 

• Like 2

SW has been unavailable from a retailer at MSRP since April until this week.  i had been buying them weekly at amazon until they finally dried up.

SW were already selling for $115-120 on amazon all summer long.  

I sold half my stash of 30 left over from earlier in the year at that price, took that capital and 20-30% profit and reloaded with another 4 dozen  from walmart's incredible bounty the other night.   Obviously I'm bullish on this set.  How can you not be.  It's the flag ship Santa Claus LEGO set.  Those thinking its going to be easy to find, I hope you are right so I can continue to acquire stock. Dolphin cruiser comparsions?  This is Santa Claus we're talking about.  Kris Kringle.  Saint Nick.  No stinkin' Friends yacht gonna hold a candle to Santa Claus and his slave elf labor toy factory.

$150 this xmas seems like a gimme, especially once the hoarde is engaged and scarcity ensues.  it will be out of stock during xmas season and won't come back until Feb/March when regular folk are not buying holiday themed LEGO.  

200 early post EOL is also a pretty safe bet.

I can understand the reticence at investing in Holiday theme with the recent turn of events and I encourage everyone to play it safe and NOT invest in Santa's workshop. 

The other set i have a small pile of cash waiting on the side to go all in on is if the scandalously titled "XXXL BOX" 10697 is Walmart's 2015 Black Friday Creative tower -like offering for $30.  Fingers crossed.

photo (10).JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3