10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

On the new pictures, the box shows that is has 2,196 pieces, so right around the same as GE, FB and PS. Based on that piece count I would guess a price of $149.99. Hopefully a release date and confirmed price will be out soon. Also, after looking at the pictures, I am disappointed that there aren't more seats in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, it looks like I was right. http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-expert-palace-cinema-10232-announcement-at-brickfair-alabama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+(The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+&+News) Thanks tormentalous for the info.

Ahhh kind of a bummer, oh well......I'm curious to see what the RRP will be on this set, $150? $180? I guess we'll all know fairly soon.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that, from the piece count and comparison of the price range for the other modulars, it will be at the $150 mark.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I think it would be a little over priced at the $180 mark......I'd still pay $180 for it though as I love the modular theme!

I'm guessing (and hoping) that, from the piece count and comparison of the price range for the other modulars, it will be at the $150 mark.

I agree, from what I have seen in size comparisons, it will be at the $150 mark. Hopefully the lame limo doesn't drive the price up.

The limo does seem lame from the pictures I've seen. I wish the limo was a black version of the white limo from set 3222, even though it wouldn't match the old city style and the era of the Palace Cinema, it would still look great to have a new style limo pulled up out front, and since they already made a white one a couple years ago in set 3222 a similar new style black limo would have looked great pulled up in front of the Cinema. If this set came with a new style limo I'd have no problem paying close to $200 for it.

The IJ Shanghai Chase cars were better than this limo, and they would be the same time period. I don't mind the period theme with the buildings and cars, but it looks like the designers' child put that part of the set together. I am not much of a MOC'er, but I will try to change some things about this set on the inside.

The IJ Shanghai Chase cars were better than this limo, and they would be the same time period. I don't mind the period theme with the buildings and cars, but it looks like the designers' child put that part of the set together. I am not much of a MOC'er, but I will try to change some things about this set on the inside.

Very true! I personally like the style of the old buildings but with more modern day vehicles driving in front of them, especially since almost all of the city/town sets Lego offers are more modern day vehicles like the Garbage Truck and the Cement Mixer, etc. I wasn't a big fan of the old fashion fire truck in the FB set and therefore switched it out for one of the more modern fire truck's (I took the ladder truck from set 7239 and took of the raft and trailer that it pulls behind it. The truck fits into the garage of the FB without altering anything and looks much better backed in than the old fashion truck does IMO). I will have to buy set 3222 once I get Palace Cinema and switch the limo's out probably because like you said Huskers, it looks like a child designed that limo.

Everyone probably already knows this. Release date is March 1, 2,194 pieces $149.99. Can see video on youtube.com

Can't wait to buy!!

LEGO.com description:

***Includes 6 minifigures: child star, chauffeur, female guest, male guest, photographer and cinema worker.

***Features brick-built entrance doors, posters, sign frontage, tower with spires and rooftop decoration, lobby, concession stand, ticket area, staircase, big screen, projector and reclining seats for 6 minifigures.

***Vehicles include classic-style limousine.

***Hard-to-find elements include a red baseplate and dark tan, dark red, and gold pieces.

***Seat a 6-minifigure audience in the reclining seats!

***Play on the star-studded sidewalk, in the detailed lobby or in the big-screen theater!

***Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO

I can't wait to get my hands on this set!!

Glad someone else out there feels the way I do. I am new to Lego addiction. I thought I had just finished my town. I have Emporium, Fire Brigade, Town Hall and Pet Shop. Just started buying more sets for investment. Hope to see my brickfolio expand!!

I can't wait to get my hands on this set!!

Glad someone else out there feels the way I do. I am new to Lego addiction. I thought I had just finished my town. I have Emporium, Fire Brigade, Town Hall and Pet Shop. Just started buying more sets for investment. Hope to see my brickfolio expand!!

Haha well welcome! Also don't forget you still need the first 3 modulars: Cafe Corner, Market Street, and Green Grocer, but expect to pay $2,500+ total for new sealed copies of these 3 sets.

Funny you say this. I wanted cafe Corner and Green Grocer so bad before I bought Emporium and Brigade. The prices were crazy. That's why I decided to start with Baby Steps! Maybe it will all work out for me in the end. Got to make some money so I can spend!! Buying current modulars now, so I can hopefully be were all these investors are in about 3 years. Nothing is a given!

I've just started collecting the modulars, I think they look awesome when you combine them together, I just bought the fire brigade as my first set, I don't think I'll ever get the EOL ones, just to expensive for my budget, unless I somehow become incredibly wealthy. So gonna try and save for the current ones before they go EOL.

I've just started collecting the modulars, I think they look awesome when you combine them together, I just bought the fire brigade as my first set, I don't think I'll ever get the EOL ones, just to expensive for my budget, unless I somehow become incredibly wealthy. So gonna try and save for the current ones before they go EOL.

I hear ya. I am doing the same thing. If you look close at the EOL ones, the currents one have a lot of the same pieces and look. All depends on what you are looking for. I have four of the newes ones. (Town Hall, Emporium, Pet Shop and Brigade). They look great.