10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased today Palace Cinema as my stocking project before retirement.
This purchase left me little surprised because the manufacturer code on this one is 45S6. How to interpretate it? are close to the end of the lifespan? Just before PS retirement we got the same codes. Thoughts?

30 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Purchased today Palace Cinema as my stocking project before retirement.
This purchase left me little surprised because the manufacturer code on this one is 45S6. How to interpretate it? are close to the end of the lifespan? Just before PS retirement we got the same codes. Thoughts?

LEGO can produce multiple sets during the same week in the same factory. So the fact that the seal code on PC is the same as the last seal code seen on PS which retired does not mean anything. Niente, Nada, Nic :). Of course conspiracy theorists find a correlation in anything so speculate as much as you want .....

• Like 2

Palace cinema will be around till the end of the year. It's a good seller because of hoarding by the masses, hence won't retire unexpectedly out of the normal retirement window of year end. Last time a modular retired unexpectedly was town hall mainly because it was a poor seller. Modulars aren't the slam dunks they used to be and given cost and space that they take up, slow capital growth, along with the cost to post them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, warezz said:

Lego home, Seal 02s7

I'd expect that as it's probably got another year (or ten) to run? I have one in my collection and I'll see how the PS is doing a year from now before I buy another.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Be careful when buying these as PS performance has been dismal.

PS performance seems to be mainly down to oversupply. With over 40 bnib BIN listings on EBay in UK alone there's just too.many people holding these and plenty ready to cash out for minimal profit. I think lots of people will get burned this year and not pick up modulars again. So I expect PC to be less popular amongst the post retirement qf crew.

Edited by Fenix_2k1

I guess its performance will be more similar to that of PS than to GE or FB. The modular range needs a surprise, out-of-order retirement  to breathe life back into it.

When you know a set is going for sure with months of warning and you can still find them, often at a lower price than those who started hoarding them 4 years ago, it makes sense just to sit and wait.

@Fenix_2k1 might be right about people getting burnt and not buying more modulars, I´ve only picked up one modular since early 2015 and that was because it was half price. If they were to retire Detective Office, I´d have none.

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

I guess its performance will be more similar to that of PS than to GE or FB. The modular range needs a surprise, out-of-order retirement  to breathe life back into it.

When you know a set is going for sure with months of warning and you can still find them, often at a lower price than those who started hoarding them 4 years ago, it makes sense just to sit and wait.

@Fenix_2k1 might be right about people getting burnt and not buying more modulars, I´ve only picked up one modular since early 2015 and that was because it was half price. If they were to retire Detective Office, I´d have none.

The only set that would make Town Hall like waves is if they retired Assembly Square this year or next.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, WCH said:

They never retire sets like they use to within 2 years range or suddenly retired. As Val-E as pointed out, I also haven't been buying modular or many exclusives since 2015.

I even returned the Pet Shops I bought at the end if last year to John Lewis just in time. I've still got some and will gladly accept RRP for them from UK buyers only.... sorry, I don't ship anything worth >£50 overseas.

I never thought that a modular would ever be an investment turkey... I was wrong. It leaves little hope for those that remain.

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 1 month later...