10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

What would the point be? No one is forced to buy it at over MSRP. Seems like he is just trying to turn a profit...which is the whole point of this site.

Maybe it is even a member of this site that is selling it :) Anyone?

Haha this is exactly what I was just wondering.

What would the point be? No one is forced to buy it at over MSRP. Seems like he is just trying to turn a profit...which is the whole point of this site.

I guess the point would be there is a difference between a premium for getting the set a week ahead of its release, and insanity. I think $200 or even $250 is reasonable and someone could pay it without deserving criticism but $500 in nutso.

I guess the point would be there is a difference between a premium for getting the set a week ahead of its release, and insanity. I think $200 or even $250 is reasonable and someone could pay it without deserving criticism but $500 in nutso.

Why does someone deserve criticism for attempting to sell something for *any* price? If you don't like it, don't buy it. If someone is willing to pay $500 for it, they will.

Why does someone deserve criticism for attempting to sell something for *any* price? If you don't like it, don't buy it. If someone is willing to pay $500 for it, they will.

Spoken like a true gentleman..... you really don't know this site do you? :-)

If you've got it in hand, why not throw it out there? Worst case you're out a few dollars for the listing fee. You never know with something like like this, you may find some crazy fan with more money than sense who has to have their hands on something a few weeks earlier than the general release.

Wild idea:

Maybe he/she doesn't really want to sell it. Maybe they are just bragging that they have it. I wouldn't put it past some people.

Maybe you put it with a high price BIN but allow offers. That way you don't leave money on the table for the crazy person who wants it at any cost, but you still have flexibility to sell it for something less if that's what someone offers.

If will be discounted at some point, just like all of the other modulars. There will be two ways to make money on this set either A) get your hands on if before it is available or B) hold on to it and wait for it to EOL. In between these two, there is very little investment potential just building fun!!

Discounted where? I haven't seen any modulars discounted.

I will be at the LEGO store when this one comes out, to get my own to build, and then buy later for my investing. I keep waiting for the Grand Emporium to discount but have not seen anywhere yet. Let me know if any of you see discounted please!!