10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

Look for a used set....or one at the store where the box is beat up.....those are easier to decided to buy, open and play with.....

haha.nicely said. Guess i will get it soon. It looks really fun. yeah i have already got 2 x Grand Emporium and 2 x Fire Brigade. All for investment, waiting for it to stop selling in shops. Looking at the boxes and not able to open to play it is torturous though.

The Market st set is so expensive because it's just more rare. People weren't investing and buying multiples to sell later back when it went End Of The Line. Honestly the Green Grocer is a much better set than Market St but there are just more out there so it sells for less.

If you don't have the other modulars already they would be worth picking up first. The Palace Cinema may not have the same shelf life as the GE and FB have had, but it will certainly be available for longer I think it's safe to assume. With that in mind the Palace Cinema would be worth waiting on because there is a greater chance to get it on sale.

Is this set worth investing? Alot people are forseeing the same outcome as the Market Street for it being under the CREATOR sets rather than the MODULAR sets. If thats the case, this could prove to be a good buy.

It will help some due to being one of the first Creator - Expert sets, let alone first modular released under this newly created subtheme, but it won't be the biggest contributer of worth. It's a modular design none the less and a good one too.

When do guys think this set will hit non Lego stores i.e. TRU, Amazon (from Amazon directly), etc. I've only come out of my dark age since December so I haven't seen how long it takes for these modular sets to go to other retailers. Or a better question might be do you think it will ever go to other retailers or remain a Lego exclusive? I am in no rush to pick one up as I have FB, GE, HH, and PS all waiting to be built (working on a Helm's Deep MOC when I have time) as I still have TH on my list.

Since it is an exclusive there is a chance it might not ever.

That would be interesting and certainly pose a problem of two.

Just out of interest what are the box dimensions for the Palace Cinema? Is it the same size as the previous modulars or have they reduced the box size for it?

Since it is an exclusive there is a chance it might not ever. I have a used one if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. I really have to watch my Lego spending for bit (unless there's a good sale, or clearance of course).

I'm hoping TRU here in Canada stocks it, or some of the international Amazon's so I can pick it up a little cheaper BNIB at some point in the future. If not I know there is a Lego store coming to Edmonton summer/fall so maybe then.

If it does become available anywhere else, it will only be online. The Grand Emporium and other modulars were Lego exclusives at first, then eventually they found their way to even Walmart's website. Still can't buy or find any instore though. It took a long time before it happened so if it does, it won't be anytime soon.