10232 - Palace Cinema

StarCityBrickCompany

3 hours ago, Leopard said:

If the time is now to invest or collect, should we get the Palace Cinema now? 

Collect - anytime

Invest - maybe in 2 years before it retires and maybe not even then if the Pest Shop turns out to be a dud thanks to the glut of new resellers all buying modulars and UCS Star Wars.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:13 AM, TabbyBoy said:

I have one Palace Cinema in my collection and I'm not being suckered into buying any more. Recent modulars are a lot of hard work for peanuts these days. As soon as I can break even on my Pet Shops, I'm getting rid! However, I'll probably be stuck with them for another 2 years!

Judging by the recent posts of EU brickpicker members, in 2 years you'll all be living in caves, defending your stashes of canned goods with sharpened sticks while wearing the skins of household pets slaughtered for food.  So it won't really matter if you've invested heavily in Palace Cinemas (though if you did, at least you'd have an ample supply of plastic to burn for heat during those long winter cave-dwelling nights)

I cleared $90 each (after fees, shipping, etc.) on my 24 x GE selling for $290 each on eBay starting six months after retirement.  They were all bought at MSRP, with the only "discount" being VIP points and other ~5% reward programs.  How on earth can you be only breaking even on this set in the UK?

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy

Modulars are very UNexclusive in the UK and are available everywhere in vast quantities. There's no such thing as "Exclusive" or "Hard to find" in the UK. The PC is still in stock at JL and even the discount isn't tempting anyone.

15 hours ago, GhostDad said:

Judging by the recent posts of EU brickpicker members, in 2 years you'll all be living in caves, defending your stashes of canned goods with sharpened sticks while wearing the skins of household pets slaughtered for food.  So it won't really matter if you've invested heavily in Palace Cinemas (though if you did, at least you'd have an ample supply of plastic to burn for heat during those long winter cave-dwelling nights)

I'm trying hard to warn people about it, but for some reason, they just won't listen to me

prophet-of-doom.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yu051131 said:

i think  PC have low chance of retirement since it is mid Dec now ,but still no sign of retirement on PC

I don´t think it will go this year either, but there is still a lot that can happen in the next 3 weeks. US SAH has alread given us some clues.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GhostDad said:

Nobody goes out to see movies anymore.  It's time for Lego to retire PC and replace it with a modular Starbucks where all the minifigs sit around sipping lattes and updating their Facebook pages.

In the US maybe, but in The Netherlands both 2015 and 2016 saw growth in movie-ticket sales.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
12 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

In Scotland or Ireland, or one of the other lands, this went out of production a couple years ago.  Ask the horse breeder.

Seal code 48H6 was on a box I bought on Amazon to give to my cousin as a Xmas present. I don't think this is going anywhere yet and don't be too temped until the Pet Shop shows more postive signs. Remember that the Palace Cinema, being a nice corner set, may be a lot more hoarded than the somewhat disliked Pet Shop.

Edited by TabbyBoy

26 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Seal code 48H6 was on a box I bought on Amazon to give to my cousin as a Xmas present. I don't think this is going anywhere yet and don't be too temped until the Pet Shop shows more postive signs. Remember that the Palace Cinema, being a nice corner set, may be a lot more hoarded than the somewhat disliked Pet Shop.

I doubt it.  The Pet Shop's long retail life was for a reason.  Many people purchased it regardless of the build or sell intention. 

I do think like any current modular, the PC Will also be hoarded (just not to the levels of the PS)

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

than the somewhat disliked Pet Shop.

Tabbyboi on whose opinion you are based on? AFAIK among AFOLS and broad lego community that PS is the one of the liked sets from Modular Lineup, at least in "top 5".
on the other hand we can put the aspect of the lifespan of this one which was ridonculous tbh.

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Should be done this year, final quarter.

fingers crossed.

Edited by Shewie