LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 4 years later...
9 minutes ago, kumas said:

could they ban my account / block my VIP card if I make several purchases during one day at brick and mortar Lego store ? (to get more promos)

yes they could, thats why we are suggesting to avoid using vip cards when you want to get multiple promo boxes. VIP is your Lego ID. Every recent data about your purchases are right there. But they shouldn't be blocking your VIP card on the other hand. That's odd.

This question comes on the heels of a deal this past weekend for B&N GCs at Kmart...  Buy a $25 B&N GC and get a $5 Kmart GC and $2 in points, which is $7 off $25, or a 28% discount on B&N GCs.  I bought a nice handful from one store and a few from another store, with no resistance at all, and no employees including a store mgr had ever heard of this type of promo.  But over the week I could have gone to 15 stores and bought 15-20 from each store, or well over $5000 in GCs. (At $25 a crack that's 200+ checkouts)  Can anyone shed a light on any danger zone number that could cause me any trouble for doing this?  Thanks!

On 14/04/2017 at 8:27 AM, kumas said:

could they ban my account / block my VIP card if I make several purchases during one day at brick and mortar Lego store ? (to get more promos)

I doubt it at a lego store in the UK I got 3 mini VW's in the space of 10 min buy splitting purchases as a matter of fact it only took 2 carrier bags so I even saved 5p.

Edited by Will 4

• 3 weeks later...

Did I get a ban?

Thank you for your recent order. Please note that your order did not pass our order verification and has been cancelled.

The LEGO® Company takes its customers security and privacy very seriously. If you place another order with us, please ensure that all payment information you provide is accurate and that you are an authorized user for the payment type being submitted.

Sincerely,

LEGO Systems, Inc.
Consumer Services

I see an authorization on my card. I placed one order last night and another order this morning. Plus one trip to the store.

i ordered 50+ of a limit 5 item last month during the disco batman promo over a 3 day period using both of my shop at home accounts and have no issues.    i have though had my cc company flag multiple purchases in a 24 hour period and got a sort of similar sounding email and thought i was banned.  four orders sounds pretty small to get the ban hammer.  maybe try another credit card/debit card or paypal to see if that still doesn't work .  then if that doesn't work, i might be a little more concerned but probably not that  much since you can still go to a lego store and get basically all the deals without having to worry about a smashed box courtesy of the overly zealous bubble folk of shop at home. :P

Edited by cladner

I want to place a large (for me) order with LEGO Bricks and Pieces. Does buying 50+ of a decorated tile or blank head raise any red flags?

I ordered quite a few of a certain piece last month over the phone. Lady was thrilled to help me with my order, and actually nice enough to give me the VW promo since I hit the monetary plateau. (B&P orders do not normally count toward any promotional offers.)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, randrace said:

I want to place a large (for me) order with LEGO Bricks and Pieces. Does buying 50+ of a decorated tile or blank head raise any red flags?

Nope. you should be fine.  I've never heard anyone get banned for buying from Bricks and Pieces.

I've put in large orders before (~$100), without issue.

I *suppose* it might raise an eyebrow if you ordered 200 Wonder Woman torsos.  But I doubt it.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Well I think I just got banned from Walmart.com.....so now I'm banned from Lego Shop at Home, Target.com, and Walmart.com.....just great. The only one I've been able to avoid is TRU.com suprisingly.

Has anybody else been banned from Walmart.com? Anybody know of a workaround? I'm thinking of creating another account but my current account has tax exemption.

2 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

Well I think I just got banned from Walmart.com.....so now I'm banned from Lego Shop at Home, Target.com, and Walmart.com.....just great. The only one I've been able to avoid is TRU.com suprisingly.

Has anybody else been banned from Walmart.com? Anybody know of a workaround? I'm thinking of creating another account but my current account has tax exemption.

Well, the last thing TRU want to do now is lose customers. Do you mind telling why you got banned - volume buyer?

Just now, Val-E said:

Well, the last thing TRU want to do now is lose customers. Do you mind telling why you got banned - volume buyer?

I think I ordered too much too fast. I stopped buying Legos over the summer b/c of lack of space. So now that I've cleared out some space from selling, I thought I could get some inventory for next year quickly from Walmart....I ordered 25 quantity of a few sets within the span of an hour. The first few orders shipped...the rest canceled. They probably think I'm laundering money....IDK.

Maybe don't order more than 12 at a time?

2 hours ago, cmartin33 said:

I think I ordered too much too fast. I stopped buying Legos over the summer b/c of lack of space. So now that I've cleared out some space from selling, I thought I could get some inventory for next year quickly from Walmart....I ordered 25 quantity of a few sets within the span of an hour. The first few orders shipped...the rest canceled. They probably think I'm laundering money....IDK.

Just do an online chat . They will remove the hold . They probably suspect cc fraud . I’ve had that few times . Should be easily resolved 

I can personally attest,to the fact that WM does not have any kind of limitations on Lego sets. I have bought close to a thousand sets over the past two weeks and many thousands more over the past few years all on the same account without any issues. I'm just glad that they lifted their per limit purchase orders so you can order 100 sets at a time.
  • Like 1