LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 2 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, KShine said:

The Tabby situation is just like the UK - If you say that you are leaving, you are supposed to leave!

Hello you lovely Americans... Bring it on, us Brits are made of sterner stuff. We may well be suffering Brexit fall-out, but you lot have Trump! I rest my case ?

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, KShine said:

And a fairly thriving economy!

After the initial FUD, so will we when the "Great" goes back into Britain on 29MAR. We could even be the 51st State one day as London is closer to DC than Honolulu.

There's even been talk of Scotland becoming a province of Canada if they leave the UK.

56 minutes ago, KShine said:

And a fairly thriving economy!

I wouldn't even classify it as "fairly" thriving. The only thing we manufacture is fiat currency these days and those printing presses are about to start up again and run red hot for a few years. The service economy cannot sustain our level of debt. We certainly can never repay the debt, and within 10 years just the interest payments are looking very iffy. To be fair though we are still much better off than Europe. S*** show all around and I would not be proud of having the least s**** economy.

Edited by asharerin

Building tower bridge set, as I may have mentioned and unbelievably, there is a brick missing, a beige 2x1 part 4109995

i thought, nothing to lose, so I requested the part via the automated system, the only difference is, I used a VPN to give me a different IP address, still the UK, but not the one from my ISP.....the order has been accepted and usually I get the ‘ sorry’ email within minutes, now been several hours and nothing ? so maybe the only ‘ trigger’ was my IP address. Waiting for the item dispatched email, if it works ( or doesn’t )I will report back......could help others ???

Edited by Reddwarf4ever

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, Reddwarf4ever said:

Building tower bridge set, as I may have mentioned and unbelievably, there is a brick missing, a beige 2x1 part 4109995

i thought, nothing to lose, so I requested the part via the automated system, the only difference is, I used a VPN to give me a different IP address, still the UK, but not the one from my ISP.....the order has been accepted and usually I get the ‘ sorry’ email within minutes, now been several hours and nothing ? so maybe the only ‘ trigger’ was my IP address. Waiting for the item dispatched email, if it works ( or doesn’t )I will report back......could help others ???

Of the TBs that I sold, two buyers complained of similar pieces missing. I asked them to contact LEGO CS and it got resolved without fuss. The missing pieces were from sets using the new box, not the old one. That reminds me.... I ordered some 4x2 white tiles when I come to see my 10220 VW as they got added to the roof when that box was changed. Also the 10242 Mini needed a new rear windscreen as some of those are in an old box too. I have a lot of these sets and LEGO CS had no problem whatsoever as I PICKED UP THE PHONE rather emailed. Due to these "quality" issues, I no longer buy larger sets soon after release.

Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, Reddwarf4ever said:

Well I got the ‘ banned for life ‘ email today, I have emailed Lego with the order number and asked them to resolve this banning issue....but have asked my daughter to order the missing brick.....

The telephone can often resolve the most difficult of issues ?

Just phoned and order the part, couldn’t find the batch code needed from the box, but ordered anyway.

the phone number is weird 0080053465555 had to use the 0080 on my landline or it wouldn’t ring, my mobile won’t ring this number though......will phone in future, but I have Ben set up an account with my real name and email address, so may work next time ?

Just now, Reddwarf4ever said:

Just phoned and order the part, couldn’t find the batch code needed from the box, but ordered anyway.

the phone number is weird 0080053465555 had to use the 0080 on my landline or it wouldn’t ring, my mobile won’t ring this number though......will phone in future, but I have Ben set up an account with my real name and email address, so may work next time ?

Same here, every variation I used just wouldn't go through from the mobile. E-mailing CS took a few days but got the issue resolved.

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, Reddwarf4ever said:

If you want to speak to somebody at LEGO with a higher rank than an amoeba, call 01753 495000 or 01753 495370. I hope this helps.

If you want a non-"free" number Google "say no to 0870" and you may be able to see the corresponding landline number, often with clearer line and not lining the pockets of others.

He pedido un SSD de 240GB WD y 4GB más de RAM ya que no me gustan los portátiles nuevos porque carecen de muchas cosas que tengo como lector DVD, conector Ethernet o batería extraíble. Luego habrá que ver posibilidades de cambiar la placa base  procesadora por otras más modernas pero tiempo al tiempo.

La idea es usar el SSD para sistema y programas y el disco actual solo para ficheros.

Guest TabbyBoy
22 minutes ago, Val-E said:

He pedido un SSD de 240GB WD y 4GB más de RAM ya que no me gustan los portátiles nuevos porque carecen de muchas cosas que tengo como lector DVD, conector Ethernet o batería extraíble. Luego habrá que ver posibilidades de cambiar la placa base  procesadora por otras más modernas pero tiempo al tiempo.

La idea es usar el SSD para sistema y programas y el disco actual solo para ficheros.

You can by a 512GB SSD for a similar price these days. I'm currently using one right now on my i9 with 32GB RAM. I still prefer my iMac though ?

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Best post of the year so far :geek:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
7 hours ago, brickolodon said:

Looks like with this new reward system online LEGO somehow cancelled my ban...just placed my order after 6 years long wait and it’s shipped now. ?!?!

Yeah i had multiple accounts, main one was banned years ago, but for whatever reason the account merge moved all my points to the banned account. Account is working just fine now though!

• Haha 1