How to Set up your Label Printer for Shipping on Ebay

So I thought I would try and start a thread for settings for label printers people use - how to set them up and how to get started. A mod can add if others have settings and other Label printers people can use.

Dymp 450/Dymo 400/ Turbos

There are two parts.

When you go to print the labels (like when you are purchasing them - if you already did, you have to void and start over - extremely stupid) click on the "printer and label receipt preferences". You want to go down to "Supported Label Printers" and then select Dymo Labelwriter 400 2.4x7.

The second part is in the actual dymo printing preferences inside your PC. If you have a Windows OC, just go to "Devices and Printers" in the control panel.  IN there, right click on the printer and click "printer preferences". On the first tab "General", click "preferences". On the next pop up, click "advanced".  You will see a folder list-type of window. Click on the first + "paper/output" and then set it to 99019 Large Lever Arch. 

• Like 3

I only print labels from eBay for the items I sell there - discount on postage automatically built in, auto payment through your eBay account, and automatically loads tracking as well. Only pain was the "full size" labels that I had to print, cut, and tape. Now with this Dymo, it's easy-breezy!

--------------------

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/mo-state-bricks

i never liked using shipping label printers or paper since they lack "proper" protection when mailing.  this dates back to my glory days of selling sporting event tickets on ebay and stubhub when i tried all types of stick-on labels . 

instead, i put the shipping label (printed on plain paper) in free clear address pouches provided by USPS and UPS. I then attached those to the shipping boxes.

the UPS pouches do not open when sealed while the USPS ones do (have a slit) since they are mostly used for international customs).  of course, the USPS pouch can be taped sealed.

links =

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/docs/internet_labels.html

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=P_FORM_2976_E

post-3743-0-26305900-1396455678.jpeg

• Like 3

i never liked using shipping label printers or paper since they lack "proper" protection when mailing.  this dates back to my glory days of selling sporting event tickets on ebay and stubhub when i tried all types of stick-on labels . 

instead, i put the shipping label (printed on plain paper) in free clear address pouches provided by USPS and UPS. I then attached those to the shipping boxes.

the UPS pouches do not open when sealed while the USPS ones do (have a slit) since they are mostly used for international customs).  of course, the USPS pouch can be taped sealed.

links =

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/docs/internet_labels.html

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=P_FORM_2976_E

How much do they weigh?

I only print labels from eBay for the items I sell there - discount on postage automatically built in, auto payment through your eBay account, and automatically loads tracking as well. Only pain was the "full size" labels that I had to print, cut, and tape. Now with this Dymo, it's easy-breezy!

--------------------

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/mo-state-bricks

ebays "discount on postage" is right on par with TRU's markdowns from elevated msrp to msrp. I tried doing a similar shipment directly on USPS online and the price was the same as ebay's "discounted price".

i never liked using shipping label printers or paper since they lack "proper" protection when mailing. this dates back to my glory days of selling sporting event tickets on ebay and stubhub when i tried all types of stick-on labels .

the UPS pouches do not open when sealed while the USPS ones do (have a slit) since they are mostly used for international customs). of course, the USPS pouch can be taped sealed.

links =

What are you referring to with the "protection"

What are you referring to with the "protection"

weather but mainly getting worn / scraped / thrown around during transit. 

i can't tell you how many times packages arrived at my house with sticky labels w/ ink smears or slight tears.  all it takes is one key portion of the address label (e.g. zip code) to get messed up and poof, delivery times are delayed. then buyers blame you.

when using pouches, i just make sure it's placed firm and flat on the box (no air inside). 

another plus is the shipping pouch adds another layer of protection for keeping the box sealed.

• Like 2

weather but mainly getting worn / scraped / thrown around during transit.

i can't tell you how many times packages arrived at my house with sticky labels w/ ink smears or slight tears. all it takes is one key portion of the address label (e.***. zip code) to get messed up and poof, delivery times are delayed. then buyers blame you.

when using pouches, i just make sure it's placed firm and flat on the box (no air inside).

another plus is the shipping pouch adds another layer of protection for keeping the box sealed.

Very good thoughts, appreciate the wisdom from an experienced person. :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I just re-read my question, I'm glad you were able to understand me. Exhaustion. I ordered the pouches you had a link to, just wanted to be sure usps wont complain I'm putting my labels in them.

come on.   no problem my friend.  we are all hear to support / help each other and spread retirement rumors :)

i use usps pouches for ups deliveries and vice-versa without issue. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I thought I would try and start a thread for settings for label printers people use - how to set them up and how to get started. A mod can add if others have settings and other Label printers people can use.

Dymp 450/Dymo 400/ Turbos

There are two parts.

When you go to print the labels (like when you are purchasing them - if you already did, you have to void and start over - extremely stupid) click on the "printer and label receipt preferences". You want to go down to "Supported Label Printers" and then select Dymo Labelwriter 400 2.4x7.

The second part is in the actual dymo printing preferences inside your PC. If you have a Windows OC, just go to "Devices and Printers" in the control panel.  IN there, right click on the printer and click "printer preferences". On the first tab "General", click "preferences". On the next pop up, click "advanced".  You will see a folder list-type of window. Click on the first + "paper/output" and then set it to 99019 Large Lever Arch. 

DNIIM,

Silly question. Will the Dymo 450/Turbo print FedEx labels as well? or will it only work on USPS labels? (using ebay shipping for both). Want to make sure before I purchase this little gem, that will save me LOTS of time :)

Thanks,

Ray

DNIIM,

Silly question. Will the Dymo 450/Turbo print FedEx labels as well? or will it only work on USPS labels? (using ebay shipping for both). Want to make sure before I purchase this little gem, that will save me LOTS of time :)

Thanks,

Ray

Not silly at all.

Unfortunately I don't know. i have not tried as I ship Fedex every once in a while and just print out the label when I do.

Last time I found a ton of info just using google on the DYMO series and learned all this on the forums. I would try that because I feel like I saw some people before saying there was a way.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...