STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

I'm so happy they're finally making the third trilogy.

I saw Star Wars for the first time with a pack of my cousins when I was 12. It's what made me a science fiction/fantasy fan for life. I saw the original (in the theaters, that was the only option back in those olden days...) at least 20 times. I can still quote most of the movie in sync with the actors on the screen.  :thumbsup:

It's a long wait, but I hope they're making it great and totally worth it!

Booo! What happened? I thought it was coming next year... And what's up with the December release? This should be a summer movie.

The JJ bashing has already begun with the fact that all other Star Wars movies were released in May.

The only good thing about waiting that long is that my 3 year old will be 5 so he'll be able to see it in the theatres with me and my oldest who will be 8.

After seeing what Abrams did with Star Trek ( the first one anyway), I'm highly optimistic about the new Star Wars. Let's hope he goes easy on the lens flare. Don't repeat the mistakes of the prequel trilogy: Star Wars is supposed to be DIRTY.

I'm a total sci-fi nerd. I enjoyed all 6 Star Wars movies and have enjoyed every Star Trek movie. But I totally agree .. Star Wars is supposed to be dirty.

After seeing what Abrams did with Star Trek ( the first one anyway), I'm highly optimistic about the new Star Wars. Let's hope he goes easy on the lens flare. Don't repeat the mistakes of the prequel trilogy: Star Wars is supposed to be DIRTY.

Yep those new Star Trek movies were what Prequel Trilogy should have been, dynamic and full of actions.  I could hardly call them Star Trek though, but that was beside the point :)

Does this mean our LEGO Star Wars collection will soar in price?!

Anyone curious what the new LEGO sets will look like for the new movies?

So much to hope and dream! :thumbsup:

I hope the  SW sets soar in price. They are a good chunk of my brickfolio, and I also hope that the new sets are amazing.  

Does this mean our LEGO Star Wars collection will soar in price?!

Anyone curious what the new LEGO sets will look like for the new movies?

So much to hope and dream! :thumbsup:

In two years, assuming the movies are decent, and LEGO stops making the same sets over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, that's the idea. 

I am back in forth on how the movie will be. Like most movies right now, a lot of JJ abrams movies lack character development.

If you are going to put a character in a movie and have them say more than a few lines, etc., I need to know who they are. What makes them tick, what they love to do, etc.

A lot of his movies (and most movies now) I just don't feel that way. I feel like I come out of a movie with more questions than answers.

The JJ bashing has already begun with the fact that all other Star Wars movies were released in May.

The only good thing about waiting that long is that my 3 year old will be 5 so he'll be able to see it in the theatres with me and my oldest who will be 8.

Same here. I've got a 3 year old who already loves Star Wars (I let him watch select scenes) and he already knows most of the characters. I remember my mom taking my brother and I to a packed Episode 1 showing and going to an even more packed opening shows for both Epi 2 & 3. I think with JJ behind it, George at least involved and the resources of Disney it will be a success.

• 6 months later...