LEGO Ideas Results

603 posts in this topic

What is the chance TLG creates ExoSuit as grey variant of Lex's Power Armor without the gun ?

Lord, I hope not. I love that set but I so do not want just a slightly different variant being passed off as someone else's brilliant work.

Lord, I hope not. I love that set but I so do not want just a slightly different variant being passed off as someone else's brilliant work.

Yeah, probably very unlikely.  I just thought both share some similarity in design.  IIRC, TLG reserves the rights to take some liberties on the initial design.

Yeah, probably very unlikely.  I just thought both share some similarity in design.  IIRC, TLG reserves the rights to take some liberties on the initial design.

They do on all points made. Well, hopefully we will not end up with a Exo-force retread on our hands.

Way to go Lego.  Just pick the worst idea and throw out the good ones completely.

Personally I think its great that a AFOL-driven project - a non-licensed one at that too - made it (especially after the whole community in general seemed bummed out when the modular western town got binned). I mean, all but one of the other projects involved some kind of licensed idea and I think its a lot easier to respect Peter Reid (excellent MOCer BTW) taking that into account. I do agree though, there were a lot of good projects out there that got cut. If only they reviewed them beforehand better so anything that hit 10K could be made...

Personally I think its great that a AFOL-driven project - a non-licensed one at that too - made it (especially after the whole community in general seemed bummed out when the modular western town got binned). I mean, all but one of the other projects involved some kind of licensed idea and I think its a lot easier to respect Peter Reid (excellent MOCer BTW) taking that into account. I do agree though, there were a lot of good projects out there that got cut. If only they reviewed them beforehand better so anything that hit 10K could be made...

That seems to be my issue with this.  Generally speaking there are many good ones that take over a year to reach the 10,000 support number to only be rejected 6+ months down the road.  Lego needs to revamp it so that projects I guess have a fighting chance?

The other thing I find odd, is how some people are all up in arms about some projects not making it.  Between licensing issues and such, it never stood a chance.  Don't blame Lego for denying it.

Way to go Lego.  Just pick the worst idea and throw out the good ones completely.

I hardly consider the Exo-suit as the worst idea but they did toss aside some good ones.
1 person likes this

Very pleased with the result. Would have been perfect if they gave credit to both BrentWaller and Teekay.

Hope it sells for less than $35 without compromising the build of the ECTO-1.

I'm happy they are going through with it though I wanted the large scale version. Fingers crossed they don't mangle it too much with their alterations.

They need to include a siren that plays the theme song. Do they still make sets with sound?

edit: they better make slimer....

Hmm, if they picked the 30th anniversary submission, technically it would not include Slimer, no ?

I want both the Valkyrie and japanese architecture for the next CUUSOO !!!

The announcer sounds like a very friendly person. :)

My only beef with the results is that it only looks like they are making the car. I would have liked to have the station with is as well. I might still get it, but I might hold out for a while. With this project being approved, I wonder if Lego will make more Ghostbusters themed stuff, or if this is just a one and done.

I love love love this. 30 years...wow.  I can still quote a majority of the movie.  Great, classic comedy.

I'll be there to pick it up on the first day, and build it myself.  Going to have to put a few of these away, too.  Just like BTTF, there will always be a nostalgia factor for this set, especially among those of us that were teenagers back in the day.

Star Wars - check

Indiana Jones - check

Back to the Future - check

Ghostbusters - check

Now I just need the Orca from Jaws, maybe Rocky training in Russia, and all my childhood favorites are complete.

2 people like this

Star Wars - check

Indiana Jones - check

Back to the Future - check

Ghostbusters - check

Now I just need the Orca from Jaws, maybe Rocky training in Russia, and all my childhood favorites are complete.

We must be similar in age.....add in the Pirate ship from Goonies and E.T and Elliott minifigs and I'd be a happy camper.

We must be similar in age.....add in the Pirate ship from Goonies and E.T and Elliott minifigs and I'd be a happy camper.

+1 to goonies! Classic movie.