LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Female CMF among mixed variety of figures.  On an all female CMF line up, the little Timmy who usually asks their parents for 2-3 CMF per quarter is not going to ask for 1 that quarter

TLG want little Timmy to be asking for Ninjago and Batman movie stuff. This is a side show.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Female CMF among mixed variety of figures.  On an all female CMF line up, the little Timmy who usually asks their parents for 2-3 CMF per quarter is not going to ask for 1 that quarter

I thought all the female CMF were supposed to be issued with the little baby figs from now on?  j/k

• Like 6

Guest TabbyBoy
41 minutes ago, Val-E said:

VW Golf is already the winner for 3rd quarter. Hands down.

Damn! So the T1 Camper lives on for yet another 10 years! We need the VW licence to end.

So we're all in agreement that the model is lame, but considering the publicity and subject matter there probably is some flipping opportunity here.  I'll admit it, I'm a buyer.  My desire for the quick buck is going to override my disdain for this build.

These minibuilds look even more boring than RI, at lease we got a dinosaur in RI.

2562123-o_1anrik6uaj9fae1cbb1g1u1qo81k-f

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Disagree with you there.  Most on the board were ECSTATIC when Exo Suit was announced.  The hatred did not start until LEGO produced wave upon wave upon wave of Exo Suits 

Well, once the misogyny and hate  hopefully subsides, I think many people will give this set a chance and go for it. It is target towards a neglected subset of STEM women in history and people forget that it was only back in 2013 that LEGO had released the first ever STEM female minifigure.  So I believe the LEGO group considers this progress.

Just now, fuzzy_bricks said:

So we're all in agreement that the model is lame, but considering the publicity and subject matter there probably is some flipping opportunity here.  I'll admit it, I'm a buyer.  My desire for the quick buck is going to override my disdain for this build.

These minibuilds look even more boring than RI, at lease we got a dinosaur in RI.

Very lamely boring!

Just now, TANV said:

Well, once the misogyny and hate  hopefully subsides, I think many people will give this set a chance and go for it. It is target towards a neglected subset of STEM women in history and people forget that it was only back in 2013 that LEGO had released the first ever STEM female minifigure.  So I believe the LEGO group considers this progress.

My daughter lets the females drive the Volcano trucks all the time and she'll even take off the hair and add a hard hat.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

2562123-o_1anrik6uaj9fae1cbb1g1u1qo81k-f

As long as it shares the same success as RI, what's the problem? It could be a cheap set (<£20?) an easy to hoard store. If it's 100% exclusive to LEGO only, I'll buy 5 to pair with the 5x RI that I have. If every Tom, **** & Harry start stocking it, I'm staying well away.

5 minutes ago, TANV said:

The real misogyny/hate is displayed by a society that is trying to destroy/shame every feminine trait.

• Like 4

Womens nasa set maybe "lame" when compared to the voltron set, but thats because this board is 95% men aged 30 years+

This is a great opportunity for Lego to encourage more younger females into lego and STEM / engineering fields etc.

Not every set has to be about investment or cater to the small AFOL market.

• Like 7

I agree that there could be a good flippling opportunity similar to RI. This will certainly get national news coverage and is very timely with the movie Hidden Figures doing so well. Having said that, those mini builds are terrible.  Hopefully the Lego designers can come up with something better.  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, TANV said:

I hate the model so that must mean I hate women.

Sure the Little House on the Prairie was too big, but they could have pulled elements from that.  Laura Ingalls, now there is a woman pioneer.

Edited by fuzzy_bricks
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Damn! So the T1 Camper lives on for yet another 10 years! We need the VW licence to end.

That doesn't make much sense. We want the VW licence to go on for ages more, we just want T1 to retire. If T1 retires and Lego continue to produce VW vehicles then future buyers will want to go back to add to their collection by getting the T1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KShine said:

The real misogyny/hate is displayed by a society that is trying to destroy/shame every feminine trait.

What do you mean by "feminine trait" though? Is it feminine traits as men perceive them to be or as women perceive them to be?

10 minutes ago, TANV said:

I do not hate the set.  I am cautiously optimistic about its :money: possibilities

• Like 1

2562123-o_1anrik6uaj9fae1cbb1g1u1qo81k-full.png

Why are all the white women yellow? I thought yellow was the non-race specific color. Why not make them the pale peachy stormtrooper-head color? Or were they all Asian?