LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

If part of Lego's strategy is to introduce new AFOL's to the brand, TBBT is a great set to approve. I don't follow the show myself, but the ratings don't lie. From Lego's perspective, this set may introduce a massive new audience to their products.

And the more AFOL's acquired, the better for Lego, and, we investors.

• Like 2

If part of Lego's strategy is to introduce new AFOL's to the brand, TBBT is a great set to approve. I don't follow the show myself, but the ratings don't lie. From Lego's perspective, this set may introduce a massive new audience to their products.

And the more AFOL's acquired, the better for Lego, and, we investors.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I just wish it wasn't scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Like 1

Investors will be buying multiples of both of these sets now. I agree that there will be no more sleepers in the Ideas line anymore after what happened with RI. BBT could be a good short term flip if it sells out but I don't see it as a good long term investment. I am not a BBT fan.  Birds is a cute set and I will be a buyer for my personal collection but as an investment with others hording, I just don't see it.  

Me not personally liking a set just makes it easier to offload the last few when they are going for huge money. That's all I'm saying.

Also, any guesses as to MSRP on these? My guess is that between the licensing and 7 figs that TBBT set will be pricey.

My guess $19.99 on birds and $49.99 on TBBT.
  • Like 2

Why not do an all in the family set with Archie's chair, meathead, Edith, Archie and what's her name the daughter?  That would be just as exciting.  Come to think of it, that may be gold!

Her name was Gloria and I think I would die laughing if Lego actually made an All In The Family set. :rofl:
  • Like 1

I think you are right and here is the proof:

wow, this big bang theory set is all over the internet news.  even on front page of bing today

• Like 1

I quite like the birds set as a Lego set. Mostly because it's just a simple, proper Lego set that's not attached to some license. It's not mind-blowing, but the six that were up for review were all pretty poor I think.

I really wish Ideas sets were license free, as people just seem to vote for them if they like that particular film/TV show, rather than focusing on the set. It's not what Lego should be about IMHO.

I hate the TBBT set, I think it's just awful. Just a bunch of minifigs on some crappy background.

Investment wise, it will probably do better than the birds though, so...

I much prefer the next batch of sets up for review. Some good ones in there like the ATAT, the Invisible Hand and the Hubble. All would be investment gold I'm sure, and I like them as sets too.

I really wish Ideas sets were license free, as people just seem to vote for them if they like that particular film/TV show, rather than focusing on the set. It's not what Lego should be about IMHO.

I agree 100% with this. The licensed ideas seem to get more attention when they are gathering supporters than the non-licensed sets. It really hurts to see so many creative non-licensed ideas not supported enough, when they could get 10,000 supporters if it was non-licensed sets only.