What Lego set do you have buyers remorse on buying?

18 minutes ago, Haay said:

And a regret I have is:

To have underestimated how much the AT-AT and ISD would become in demand after their retirement at the end of 2015. Just a few months before their retirement I saw them everywhere discounted to around €100 a box, and in my lack of experience thought: everyone and their uncle even remotely interested in a LEGO AT-AT will surely have bought one now at this discounted price. Why would anyone still want them with a large markup a year from now? As we all know history taught me how wrong I was in thinking that way. Do not underestimate the love of Star Wars fans for iconic LEGO Star Wars vehicles! I should have bought more of them...

I doubt their sucess will be repeated with IST as the pattern now is everyone jumping on the sets that were the previous year's sucess story.

Still, I have 10 to be a reassured lemming.

My biggest regret since starting at this 2 years ago is 3 x 10188's at €400 each . Holding on to them out of greed despite knowing another DS was in the works now has me kicking myself at turning down €450 offers just before the new one was unveiled.

Now waiting until the ones panic dumping theirs at sub €400 prices have cleared away.

Edited by Anomander

Guest TabbyBoy

Too many to list but, basically everything at or close to RRP as they've all been heavily discounted since or hanging on too long.

The worst:

71006 Simpsons House - Bought at RRP and is expected to perform badly. I hated the new show so I sold 2 at a £20 loss.

41007 Friends Pet Salon (and most other Friends sets) - Bought 20x at 50% off and sold 17x 2 years later at break even and 3x at a small loss.

21109 Exo Suit - Bought 10x at RRP and sold 8x for 40p total profit. Gave 1 away as a present and will soon give the last 1 away as no longer collectinh IDEAS.

10245 Santa's Workshop - Bought 1x at RRP and keeps coming back like a dose of a nasty disease.

21102 Minecraft Forest - Bought 5x at RRP and tanked soon after EOL and never recovered - I missed the window!

79008 LOTR Ships - Bought 10x at 40% off and still not able to shift for enough to cover fees, my contacts DON'T want them!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
23 minutes ago, Tom J said:

These are above RRP on eBay now. Sold a few that I had at half price from TRU 

I've sold 10 , for £70 cash, £100 total profit.

10240 Red 5 X-Wing is my biggest disappointment to date. I've just sold a pallet's worth for RRP to get rid, no more Star Wars for me unless >66% off but, I'm taking a long break and offloading everything first!

Guest TabbyBoy

10218 Pet Shop now that it's just been resurrected. I'm therefore returning 5 of mine to John Lewis tomorrow while the returns window is still open.

"Temporarily out of stock" at LEGO UK ;-(