New Ninjago sets, worth buying?

Lego.seraphina

Yes, definitely buy them, but only at a discount, and not anytime soon (unless you come across a very big deal). They look fantastic, and with the Ninjago spin-off film coming out in a couple of years, they are likely to have significant long term investment potential, but of course they are still being released now, so there is no point piling cash into them anytime soon. Personally this is my favourite wave of the theme thus far. 

other than a couple of these sets i didnt think Ninjago was really that great of an investment

Please tell me you are kidding? 

yeah same here. but I did buy Ninjago 2505 previously, and that has increased quite a bit. but it seems that the rest of the sets are not really worth buying and pretty much avail on sale mostly.

although the 70728 is somewhat similar to 2505 to me, being a fortress set and all. so I do hope this one increases in value.

Yes, definitely buy them, but only at a discount, and not anytime soon (unless you come across a very big deal). They look fantastic, and with the Ninjago spin-off film coming out in a couple of years, they are likely to have significant long term investment potential, but of course they are still being released now, so there is no point piling cash into them anytime soon. Personally this is my favourite wave of the theme thus far. 

Please tell me you are kidding? Right?

sadly. I dont get those discounts u guys get in the states.. our lego prices in singapore are controlled and are marked up 20-30% higher than most retail prices in usa. For example, 70728 is being sold on lego.com for usd119.90 if im not wrong. its being sold in singapore now for sgd $209.90.. which is equivalent to usd $167.92 based on xchange rate of 1.25.. and the discounts we get r so little and usually on sets that cannot move like Galaxy squad sadly...

Ah, I see. Sadly I`m really not familiar with the Asian Market in many ways, I knew you pay much higher prices, but didn`t realize it was almost double. Best suggestion I could offer then is that these are great looking sets and will more than likely prove to be very popular, and thus valuable in time. 

Ah, I see. Sadly I`m really not familiar with the Asian Market in many ways, I knew you pay much higher prices, but didn`t realize it was almost double. Best suggestion I could offer then is that these are great looking sets and will more than likely prove to be very popular, and thus valuable in time. 

i thought Canadians had it rough w/ pricing until I sold my first sets to folks in Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.... 

Even w/ customs and shipping fees, the majority of sets are still cheaper than buying locally.  ...and that's if those sets were even originally available there at retail stores.