9474 - The Battle of Helm's Deep

Where are you getting your data from?

9470 is easily fetching  £35-£40 on ebay. RRP was £20 and buy-in was easy for £10 from Tesco. 

At the time of writing, from memory. :)

But i did my monthly check today. You're right 9470 is topping £40-45, 9471 £45ish. 9742 similar. 9473 is around £70 or it's RRP. Bad news on 9474 though, it's down to £110-120 from £150 earlier this year. These are the BIN prices, auctions tend to be lower. 

• 1 month later...

I bought 1 each of The Battle of Helm's Deep 9474, Uruk-hai Army 9471 & The Orc Forge 9476. Should I sell these 3 as a complete set?

That is an exact bundle I bought.  These were three sets I missed as I came to the party a little late from the dark ages. 

• Like 1

How much should i get after fees, paypal etc for the following bundle (MISB) - Battle of Helm's Deep, Uruk-hai Army and The Orc Forge? I paid $185 dollar total.

Thank you

I have sold that exact combination for $350 CDN in cash off Craigslist.

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 1

Thank you for that. Was that recently?

Do you think it's worth holding off for 6 months to a year to see value rise?

$350 would see me make $165 profit

I have no doubt they will continue to go up, especially when the last Hobbit sets disappear from the shelves this year. I see this theme as like Harry Potter. Based on consistently popular books and released only because of very popular films which are not coming again. There will be no reissues so any fan in the future or who missed out now is going to pay a pretty penny to get them. Really depends on your timeframe and whether you think you could reinvest the proceeds now for better growth. I did sell my last available such combo at the start of the year and no longer have any Helms Deep left. I bought that for $90 CDN. Still have one or two of the other sets left.

• Like 1

I have no doubt they will continue to go up, especially when the last Hobbit sets disappear from the shelves this year. I see this theme as like Harry Potter. Based on consistently popular books and released only because of very popular films which are not coming again. There will be no reissues so any fan in the future or who missed out now is going to pay a pretty penny to get them. Really depends on your timeframe and whether you think you could reinvest the proceeds now for better growth. I did sell my last available such combo at the start of the year and no longer have any Helms Deep left. I bought that for $90 CDN. Still have one or two of the other sets left.

I have this bundle and 1 Tower of Orthanc, that's the only Lord of the Rings I have. Perhaps I should wait and sell all 4 in the future?

I can't argue with that. Orthanc is the real gem in this line and should appreciate well on retirement. Looks like the Death Star is finally done so this is the current must buy from all of Lego's offerings in my book.

Hm maybe I should buy an Orthanc to build for myself. Then I'd want the 3 in the bundle to line up with it . . . 

Hm maybe I should buy an Orthanc to build for myself. Then I'd want the 3 in the bundle to line up with it . . . 

I highly recommend that. Got mine for Christmas the other year and it is the coolest set I've ever built. The playability, the detail, and the ominously imposing size and appearance are incredible. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...