Daily Deals Coupon Trading

I have used the newly worded coupon 3 times.  The first time was actually a store-specific coupon I got for one of my stores' 25th anniversary.  I noticed the new wording on that one, and thought nothing of it, using it for an architecture set.  The following week I got my 20% coupon for being a member and a 15% from a friend.  Both had the same wording.  Anyways, the first one I used on an architecture set with no problem.  When I went to use the other one, at a different location, the lady at the counter said "I don't think this works for that."  I kindly explained my interpretation of the wording (Architecture is not in the toys section) and why that is why I thought it would work.  She said "I don't know, but it's worth a try"  She scanned it, it worked, and she was like "learn something new every day." 

That was 2 weeks ago.  I have yet to use my 20% coupon this weekend, and my friend didn't get a 15% coupon like he normally does, so if anyone has any extras, I could use one and will report back with my findings.  There's 4 B&******'s in my area, so I can hit up a few different ones while I'm out picking tomorrow and see if the results are all the same.

Has anyone tried the new B&****** coupons on Lego from the toys section? :)

my store has arch sort of close to toy section (a little bit different from where they used to be), called 'architecture and hobby' but I had no problem using the coupon on the fountain

I used a new 15% off coupon and a 20% off I got here (thanks again rubysue74), in two different B&******, both for Architecture sets. In both locations I had no problems whatsoever. One cashier noticed the exclusion of Lego, but also that it said "toys section" and went on "It doesn't hurt to try", so he did, and it did work without problem.

Something else he noted though was that someone else tried to use such a coupon on a architecture studio earlier (it was still sitting on the floor behind the counter), and it didn't work on that - but that is an "old" exclusion, and one that specifically mentions the AS as being excluded.

Why didn't I try it on something from the toy selection? They didn't have anything tempting...

Reporting back as well.  I was able to use my 20% coupon and 2 15% coupons (thanks again for the coupons Hobbycrafter) at the 3 separate locations I made it to this weekend.  All were used on architecture sets with no problems or comments from the cashiers.

Next time, I plan on trying on a minecraft set. 

I used a new 15% off coupon and a 20% off I got here (thanks again rubysue74), in two different B&******, both for Architecture sets. In both locations I had no problems whatsoever. One cashier noticed the exclusion of Lego, but also that it said "toys section" and went on "It doesn't hurt to try", so he did, and it did work without problem.

Something else he noted though was that someone else tried to use such a coupon on a architecture studio earlier (it was still sitting on the floor behind the counter), and it didn't work on that - but that is an "old" exclusion, and one that specifically mentions the AS as being excluded.

Why didn't I try it on something from the toy selection? They didn't have anything tempting...

Do you know if the cashier for that "someone" scanned the coupon and it did not work for the AS, or if the cashier denied its usage based on the previous coupon wording?

Through the entire past year and a half, I have been buying sets at the 4 B&******'s in my area, none of which have ever carried the AS...... until a couple weeks ago.  Now they all have them.  The cashiers would likely not be aware of the old AS exclusions on the old coupons because the AS was never carried.  I might have to try using a 20% coupon on the AS next time I get one.

Do you know if the cashier for that "someone" scanned the coupon and it did not work for the AS, or if the cashier denied its usage based on the previous coupon wording?

Through the entire past year and a half, I have been buying sets at the 4 B&N's in my area, none of which have ever carried the AS...... until a couple weeks ago. Now they all have them. The cashiers would likely not be aware of the old AS exclusions on the old coupons because the AS was never carried. I might have to try using a 20% coupon on the AS next time I get one.

the AS exclusion is hard coded in their pos
  • Like 1

Through the entire past year and a half, I have been buying sets at the 4 B&******'s in my area, none of which have ever carried the AS...... until a couple weeks ago.  Now they all have them.  The cashiers would likely not be aware of the old AS exclusions on the old coupons because the AS was never carried.  I might have to try using a 20% coupon on the AS next time I get one.

I wasn't the one for whom it didn't work, but the wording of the cashier that later told me about it suggested that the coupon didn't go through their system. I would still give it a try if I would want one. The worst that can happen is that they deny it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like a new round of B&****** coupons is up this week. If you don't need your 20% coupon I would be happy to make use of it, but I would either need the link to the in-store coupon (it's in the mail you get), or a picture of it.

Thanks a lot!