10179 - UCS: Millennium Falcon

Ed Mack

2 hours ago, Shewie said:

Returns not accepted simply doesnt work on ebay and  we all know that. You can always protect yourself somehow by adding in T&C of your listing.
Returns Accepted. 20% fee for relisting and restocking item applicable with this purchase.

minor correction :)

"Returns not accepted simply doesnt work on ebay and  we all know that. You can always TRY TO protect yourself somehow by adding in T&C of your listing.
Returns Accepted. 20% fee for relisting and restocking item applicable with this purchase."

I offer the same "30 day / 20% restocking / buyer pays returned postage / item must arrived back to me in the exact condition as shipped" refund terms but when buyers use the "arrived not as described", my T&C is pretty much thrown out.  however, at least it doesn't make some buyers think twice about before using that loophole.

---------------------------------------

i don't want to too much off-topic but going back to how where got here in the first place.  People with 10179 buyer's remorse for whatever reason exist but this can happen with any set.  10188 was the last well-know example.  nice thing was I sold of all my 10188s w/o a single eBay return because it was priced accordingly despite the replacement due 1-2 months from my last batch of sold dates.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

knowing the pretty obvious re-release is coming, I have a chance to get an original 10179, it is missing the 5 minifigures, It has all the other pieces and most of them are still in sealed bags. The box is included also with some wear. this is in a auction, I am just trying to ask you "the experts" what would your high bid be? if you wanted to resell it. Also what do you think it could fetch on the sell price to someone?

10179.jpg

Edited by Deanfjr

8 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

knowing the pretty obvious re-release is coming, I have a chance to get an original 10179, it is missing the 5 minifigures, It has all the other pieces and most of them are still in sealed bags. The box is included also with some wear. this is in a auction, I am just trying to ask you "the experts" what would your high bid be? if you wanted to resell it. Also what do you think it could fetch on the sell price to someone?

I´d hold off 2 more weeks and observe prices like a hawk in the meantime. The new one will bring the value of the old one down unless it is mint and numbered so it is best to wait and let the sellers sweat.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

I´d hold off 2 more weeks and observe prices like a hawk. The new one will bring the value of the old one down unless it is mint and numbered so it is best to wait and let the sellers sweat.

I know the problem is the auction ends tomorrow, right now it is a few hundred dollars in bid form but you know how that goes 

Edited by Deanfjr

3 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

I know the problem is the auction ends tomorrow

So watch and wait. It´s not like there aren´t more and it´s a buyers market unless the new one looks like my avatar. Buying an incomplete one with no box to resells is madness ATM, in my opinion unless the price is RRP or below.

BTW how much is it at now?

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

... to ask you "the experts" what would your high bid be? if you wanted to resell it. Also what do you think it could fetch on the sell price to someone?

No expert here... but I think this is one of those questions you really have to ask yourself... "What is it worth to me?"  I'm not sure you'll really find a consensus here on the value of this item in the next 24 hours. For me... I dunno... I might give $350 for it? With a new one coming out, this is just another old, used Lego with missing figs.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

For resell, I wouldn't touch it.  For personal it is hard to give a number because I already have one.  There are some rare and very expensive parts in 10179 so have to wait and see what the new release uses for these parts.  10179 may retain some value if the rare parts are left alone.

• Like 1

I honestly dont think the bottom drops out of the 10179. A collector will always want it to complete their collection. Short term it takes a hit but long term it'll still be 3-4x MRP IMO. Especially a sealed one with a minty box. I agree though that it is a buyers market ATM and if you have wanted one now is def the time to pick one up.

25 minutes ago, longshot said:

I honestly dont think the bottom drops out of the 10179. A collector will always want it to complete their collection. Short term it takes a hit but long term it'll still be 3-4x MRP IMO. Especially a sealed one with a minty box. I agree though that it is a buyers market ATM and if you have wanted one now is def the time to pick one up.

What is this long term you speak about? It is the same one people mention when they tell me good things are going to happen to my Benny´s Spaceship?

• Like 2

$1500-$2000? I don't think so.

It won't hit rock bottom - RRP. But I think it will settle in around the price of the new one.

There will still be buyers. Like you said there will always be someone wanting to complete their collection.

LEGO SW fans are an odd bunch. I know quite a few that have every single LEGO SW release (including convention stuff). I know some that buy day one. I know some that bought new DS even tho they have 10188. Some of them only have a couple holes in their collection, and two UCS MFs for $1600 sound a lot better than $1500 for "the old one."

There are optimum windows to sell and this was has now passed.

It'll never reach the £5K mark again & if this new version is an improvement on 10179, then I don't see why anyone would buy this, unless at a huge discount.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

$1500-$2000? I don't think so.

It won't hit rock bottom - RRP. But I think it will settle in around the price of the new one.

There will still be buyers. Like you said there will always be someone wanting to complete their collection.

LEGO SW fans are an odd bunch. I know quite a few that have every single LEGO SW release (including convention stuff). I know some that buy day one. I know some that bought new DS even tho they have 10188. Some of them only have a couple holes in their collection, and two UCS MFs for $1600 sound a lot better than $1500 for "the old one."

If it´s a mint original numbered set, residuals should still be well above RRP. Normal NISB will continue to drop in value to around RRP of the new one, or a little below. A lot will depend on how many nervous sellers flood the market in panic. Anyone who bought one for more than RRP and hasn´t sold it yet is going to be in that category, will they hold their nerve and stick it out? How many of them are still out there unopened? Used sets or ones with missing parts or manual/box will be the hardest to sell but there will always be a good part out value as a safety net.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, longshot said:

Difference is an iconic ship vs a flash in the pants from a so so movie.............

8 hours ago, Shewie said:

I'm giving you half like, because of the second part of your sentence. Lego Movie was dope. period.

If they got a flash in the pants from TLM, they must have enjoyed it a lot!

On 8/18/2017 at 2:12 PM, Deanfjr said:

I know the problem is the auction ends tomorrow, right now it is a few hundred dollars in bid form but you know how that goes 

I know the guy who won that auction.  He is local to me in Florida, but had his mom there bidding for him.  He paid $700. I told him he needs to build it fast and then try to flip it before September 1st or the 15th at the latest if he wants to make any decent money on it. 

I just want in on the build. Unfortunately he lives about an hour from me, so that would be tough. 

12 hours ago, TigerEyez said:

I know the guy who won that auction.  He is local to me in Florida, but had his mom there bidding for him.  He paid $700. I told him he needs to build it fast and then try to flip it before September 1st or the 15th at the latest if he wants to make any decent money on it. 

I just want in on the build. Unfortunately he lives about an hour from me, so that would be tough. 

The one here in PA? yea I got called into work on Saturday early morning & forgot all about it. The store closed the auction at 2pm, oh well I really didn't want it that badly or I would have sent my wife to do my bidding (pun intended), I would have flipped it if I got it cheap, I would not have bid up to the 700 mark anyway, I'm glad I was at work making money rather than spending it, this time....I was just curious what others thoughts were.

Edited by Deanfjr

• 2 weeks later...