Ideas for a Halloween Town & MOCs

TheOrcKing

For all us old farts out there... this is what came to my mind.

Not quite HH, but that one creepy house on a nice suburban street. :)

Next to The Big Lebowski, The Burbs is my second favorite movie. Saw it on my birthday in third grade at the theater. I watch it at least 2-3 times a year. Just showed it to my 8 year old son who loved it as well. Great movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

A simple fix depending on how detailed you wish to go with this idea. Get four of the Ringwraith horses, swap out each of the heads on the Ringwraiths with different ones, and you have The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse! Mwahaha! Death should be an evil Ninjago skull, famine the Mouth of Sauron, pestilance can either be the toxic guy from the original Agents or the upcoming Ultra Agents, and War is the Evil Knight or maybe Lord Garmadon or even a Stone Army one. Or go in whatever way you want. It's your display after all. :good:

• Like 2

A simple fix depending on how detailed you wish to go with this idea. Get four of the Ringwraith horses, swap out each of the heads on the Ringwraiths with different ones, and you have The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse! Mwahaha! Death should be an evil Ninjago skull, famine the Mouth of Sauron, pestilance can either be the toxic guy from the original Agents or the upcoming Ultra Agents, and War is the Evil Knight or maybe Lord Garmadon or even a Stone Army one. Or go in whatever way you want. It's your display after all. :good:

The new Overlord from Battle for Ninjago City is also a good candidate:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Overlord

Guest brickcrazyhouse

how bout from the collectable series the panda lizard chicken and other animal, as trick or treaters 

I wanted to construct a tree that would look good standing next to my Haunted House for Halloween.  Please give me some input if you see areas where I could improve.  I may put a few hanging vines on later.  Not sure if there is actually a way to link to the 3d model or not.  196 pieces.  Here is a screenshot I took.

tree1.png

• Like 4

I wanted to construct a tree that would look good standing next to my Haunted House for Halloween.  Please give me some input if you see areas where I could improve.  I may put a few hanging vines on later.  Not sure if there is actually a way to link to the 3d model or not.  196 pieces.  Here is a screenshot I took.

That looks great. Probably better that what I could do. My only suggestion would be to diversify the color of leaves. From  your screenshot, it looks like there is too much dark green.

Agreed...that looks awesome.  I'm wanting to do the same, so, maybe (pretty please?) you might post the LDD so I can use it too?

Search for user DirtyZ123 in the LDD gallery.

That looks great. Probably better that what I could do. My only suggestion would be to diversify the color of leaves. From  your screenshot, it looks like there is too much dark green.

That is one thing I may still do when it comes down to BrickLinking the leaves.  However, it looked like Pick a brick was the better deal on those elements.

Looks very good Dirtyz.  Wished I had a picture to attach but I created a MOC tree using pieces from Ewok Attacks and battle packs.  I added some light/dark brown pieces to the trunk and some branches so it's not a generic 'brown' totally...trying to show age and natural stages.  That's just me, everybody has their style. Also, one of the sets has a hole in the brick so I incorportated that for a natural hallow/cavity look in the tree.  

My 4yr son asked where are the instructions dad, can I make that too?!  Haha.  I sorta cringe everytime he plays with and around it since once it's broken up there's no way I can get it back exactly...the moc tree will eventually be part of a park (starting w blank green baseplate) next to my modulars.  The balloon/hotdog cart polybag should go nicely with the park scene.         

Just realized that I should include some sort of baseplate in the final version.  2 of the root pieces have no real connection to the tree, plus it would add to general stability.

That would help. You wouldn't want the tree to fall down while it is being displayed.