Guardians of the Galaxy

187 posts in this topic

I'm not sure the Milanos vol 2 will outcast the first version the former being so small...

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Forsaker said:

I'm not sure the Milanos vol 2 will outcast the first version the former being so small...

The smaller quinjets still affected the potential of the first (and imho best) version.

Thanks for beating me to it (I'm lazy).

Honestly not impressed...I'll buy them all for the figs (like all marvel sets) but these seem so blah...

1 person likes this

140530b-lego-guardians-of-the-galaxy-760image.jpeg

V1 on the Left                                                                                                                            V2 on the Right

The nose cone appears to be the 8x8 triangle                               The nose cone appears to be the 6x6 triangle

The front edge of the wing appears to be a 4 stud top       The front edge of the wing appears to be a 2 stud top 

the Canopy has lines and edges                                                                                      the Canopy is rounded

The Wing Feathers are smooth, bionicle looking parts           The Wing Feathers are traditional lego stud wings

I think all those slight stud differences add up to a noticeably smaller ship.

V1 will be better, but still negatively impacted since V1 isn't CEO-Shelf Worthy.

Timmy's Soccer mom will just pick V2. Big $$$ Collector won't want either.

Edited by mudcatsfan
1 person likes this

I'm underwhelmed by these sets for sure.  I definitely like v1 of the Milano better.

2 people like this

51 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I'm underwhelmed by these sets for sure.  I definitely like v1 of the Milano better.

Makes me appreciate my Milano sitting in storage even more.... if only i had space to display it :(

1 person likes this

I agree with mudcatsfan unfortunately. I was a big Milano fan, but probably a good example of where my love for GotG clouded my investment analysis. Doesn't seem like the first release will get over $100 anytime soon.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Makes me appreciate my Milano sitting in storage even more.... if only i had space to display it :(

Exactly! Its one of my favorite "space" ships but currently in storage for the same reason.