Are Mixels a good investment?

work4fbi2

• 5 weeks later...

I first heard of Mixels yesterday...as of today and 13 store visits later, i know have 2-4 sets of everything Series 2 and 3.  

Walgreens has probably 20 per store of series 3.  many of each although i found MESMO the hardest to find.  Oddly enough this figure just sold out on lego.com.  

Best score was at a Walmart where I found a series 1 Shuff (grey), 3 Lunks (blue), Jawg (brown) and a tentro (orange) along with the normal series 3. 

I gotta say I'm fascinated by these guys.  I'm a mixel nut!  They have great ROI's.   If you can get them for $4-5 and see them selling for over $10 already not to mention some going for over $20 like Flain (Red), I think it's an easy investment.   

I have around 50 Mixels now.  In a few months I figure to turn my $250 into $1,000 possibly.  Not out of the question.  

Aside from the investment factor, they are actually really cool.  The idea of building them per color sets and then turning 3 of them into a super mixel is just really cool.  

Lovin' me some Mixels. 

I got the mixels. Went to the lego store and picked up a couple of complete sets of series 2-- 8 to be exact. I know a toys r us that has a least another 4 sets. Should I get them all or stop hoarding :)

i'm surprised the lego store let you get 72 mixels.  do they look at you funny like "yep he's an investor"?   but you have a really solid investment there and yes keep hoarding them.  it's fair game.  these things are extremely popular. 

i'm surprised the lego store let you get 72 mixels. do they look at you funny like "yep he's an investor"? but you have a really solid investment there and yes keep hoarding them. it's fair game. these things are extremely popular.

When I bought clearance mixels at the Lego store, I was told by a staff member to buy at least 3 sets of each to build more creations. So 72 is only 2.5 sets of 3, not that odd to me.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

i'm surprised the lego store let you get 72 mixels. do they look at you funny like "yep he's an investor"? but you have a really solid investment there and yes keep hoarding them. it's fair game. these things are extremely popular.

They allowed me to grabbed 4 complete sets a day. I Cleaned them out

I can't speak for non-US markets.  I have no idea how they're performing.  I do believe, though, that they are still readily available in southeast Asia and the Pacific (which makes sense for TheDarkness).

I mentioned this in a different thread late last night.

9 sets of Series 1 Mixels @ RRP cost $404.  1 SSD cost $399.95.  Both retired this past summer.

Selling on eBay right now, $120 for Mixels.  Sell all 9, get $1,080 for your $400 investment.  Your SSD is going to get you between $600 and $700.

• Like 5

hey mixels fans :) shipping out my first sold series 1 compelte set....it is weighing 1.04 pounds..was hoping it would be under a pound to save on shipping...bummer!

Just a tip for the future, when you're that close on shipping weight (assuming you're shipping in a box), you can trim the inside flaps of cardboard a bit to take the extra weight off. Works great for me when you're that close in ounces.

• Like 3

Anyone have any idea how these creatures are doing in Europe? 

I can see people earning good on them in the US. 

Europeans, please share your thoughts and/or experiences.

I only sold sold 5 of 60 of the series 2 during the last month in a local page for double the price that i bought them... the price is good but i would hope to sell more ;)

• 2 months later...

Has anyone ever bought Mixels from Japan sellers on Amazon. I need 2 more Velectro to fill out some sets. There are sellers at $16.88 there, wondering if they are US version and not counterfeit. I haven't heard anything about alternative versions of Mixel packaging so I might take a chance on 2 from there.

If anyone has any info on the subject, please let me know.

Thanks

• Like 1

How are you all doing with the series 2, and are you stocking up on series 3? Ebay and Amazon both look promising from what I see.

I have a series 2 set on ebay for $80 that is being ignored. I quit buying series 3 and am not buying any 4 until I start making money off these.