Best DC and Marvel sets of all time

armaangoel78

I`ve never been a big fan of the original UCS Batmobile. That said, I`d still love to own one at some point. 

As far as the best sets thus far go, I`d say:

Original Tumbler/Joker Truck set. 

Arkham Asylum

Original Batcave

Easily the best 3 sets Lego has released to date, hopefully the upcoming (rumored) UCS Tumbler can be added to or top that list. They better not screw it up. 

• Like 1

Marvel don't really have any iconic buildings or vehicles that tie them to characters. I think Dr Strange's house would be the best Marvel attempt but it would have to be a modular style to do it any justice, therefore will never happen. Baxter and Avengers original building and X Men mansion are just a little too boring (no offence to the die hards) I couldn't see high volume sales on these. The Daily Bugle only sells for the minifigs. No one cares about the stupid building facade that happens to come with the figs. Dark and moody wins hands down every time. Batman has this in spades. I would love all the original Batman sets. Oh I thought: maybe a Doc Doom Castle like the VC would be good that included the Silver Surfer and the FF. That I would love.

I would also love to see the helicarier as a big set.  It would be very unique I think.  Lego shouldn't base their sets for marvel of of cartoons.  kids wouldn't care and tfols and afols would probably like them better

I don't think it's up to Lego.  Marvel wants to tie the sets with the movies and cartoons so they can boost ratings for the show or the show would boost the sales of the toys.  I agree with the fact that Marvel fans wouldn't care about the tie ins.   I just want more X-Men figures!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I`ve never been a big fan of the original UCS Batmobile. That said, I`d still love to own one at some point. 

As far as the best sets thus far go, I`d say:

Original Tumbler/Joker Truck set. 

Arkham Asylum

Original Batcave

Easily the best 3 sets Lego has released to date, hopefully the upcoming (rumored) UCS Tumbler can be added to or top that list. They better not screw it up.

Well, you already picked the 3 sets I was going to type. I assume the new Arkham set could be added or replace the old Arkham set on the list.

I'm not a fan of the older UCS Batmobile.