Brickowl

I am starting a Brickowl store.  I have used Bricklink for many years and was holding out for version 2.0.  I am uncertain about its future so I decided to look at other marketplaces.

Brickowl looks nice, easy to use, clean and responsive.  I have a few questions to anyone who has a store.

Did you set up a stripe payment method?  This allows buyers to use their credit card directly at the store.  If anyone has used this, are the fees any better?  Any hassle or headaches that have come from this method?

What kind of traffic are you seeing?  I know the site is only a year old but I am curious if the community is picking up on it.

Any other thoughts about Brickowl?

I realize that Brick Classifieds is coming soon.  I am excited about that and may move inventory when it launches.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a question about BO I was hoping one of you may have an answer to. When I look at my storefront I see the tag "Ships to United States" However, when using the "Search" option for "Catalog" if you type in a random piece say like "tube" and you go four over to the "LEGO Duple Tube Holder Vertical (42029) my store is the only store that carries it, however, under my Store name it says in red "Does not ship to US". I see this for every item I find when searching the catalog. I have gone into my shipping settings and I have US shipping set up, plus I have sold 3 orders to people in US without any issues. Any idea why this might be showing up like this? Store name is "The Brick Tree" Thanks for any info you guys may have!

I have a question about BO I was hoping one of you may have an answer to. When I look at my storefront I see the tag "Ships to United States" However, when using the "Search" option for "Catalog" if you type in a random piece say like "tube" and you go four over to the "LEGO Duple Tube Holder Vertical (42029) my store is the only store that carries it, however, under my Store name it says in red "Does not ship to US". I see this for every item I find when searching the catalog. I have gone into my shipping settings and I have US shipping set up, plus I have sold 3 orders to people in US without any issues. Any idea why this might be showing up like this? Store name is "The Brick Tree" Thanks for any info you guys may have!

​I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to say hello.  You've been quiet for a while.

Yeah, I have been quite the lurker. I feel like most of my time is spent figuring out which kid has to get to t-ball, which one has soccer, whats on the cub-scouts agenda. That plus work has kept me pretty busy. I was wanting to start a BL store for a long time and finally got around to it late last year and slowly have been adding the horde of pieces I have whenever I have free time. BO seems promising, there are just a few kinks I'm trying to sort out. And hey, I even made a sale on Brick Classifieds. I really like what you guys have done there too. I need to put up some sets and figures I have. The site is growing so fast, the update is awesome. I'm hoping I can find some extra time to review a few of these Jurassic World sets I just picked up for my kids birthday. We shall see. Thanks for reaching out!

• 1 year later...

I started my BrickOwl store a month again, and have only one transaction to show. In the same timeline, my Bricklink store had sold 7-8. Is this an usual ratio for those who sell on both Marketplaces? Any differences in the types of buyers for both marketplaces (except the sheers number of buyers?). Thanks for your input!

27 minutes ago, Forsaker said:

Is this an usual ratio for those who sell on both Marketplaces? Any differences in the types of buyers for both marketplaces (except the sheers number of buyers?). Thanks for your input!

I get about 50 orders per month on each marketplace. But there seems to be more "bulk" buyers and eBay resellers shopping on BrickLink, so the monthly sales are higher over there.

On BrickOwl, make sure you have configured your shipping methods. BrickOwl customers don't expect nor want to request quotes.

• Like 1

You are talking about parts right? As I'm interested in expanding into BRickowl but im not organized enough to sell individual bricks. I stArted selling on BL month or so ago sealed sets mostly and I can't complain.

Edited by Lordoflego

1 hour ago, Stragus said:

I get about 50 orders per month on each marketplace. But there seems to be more "bulk" buyers and eBay resellers shopping on BrickLink, so the monthly sales are higher over there.

On BrickOwl, make sure you have configured your shipping methods. BrickOwl customers don't expect nor want to request quotes.

do you maintain 2 separate databases? How does it work selling on both?

24 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

BrickSync is the solution. Basically makes BL your inventory, and gives you 2 storefronts (BO and BL). The person you asked this question of authored BrickSync, pay him the license fee :)

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

You are talking about parts right? As I'm interested in expanding into BRickowl but im not organized enough to sell individual bricks. I stArted selling on BL month or so ago sealed sets mostly and I can't complain.

I've sold sets on BO and BL, no difference.

• Like 2

Get your BL store up and running. Then download Stragus' Brick Sync which can upload your Bricklink inventory to Bricklink Owl.

Stragus, I love your program. I would not be on Brick Owl if not for you. Thank you!

On difference between BL and BO. I'm only 6 weeks on BL and 4 weeks on BO. I've gotten more page views, but much fewer orders on BO. My BO orders have been larger, and the impression is that BO buyers are willing to spend more per piece.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I just configured them right after I saw your post. Hopefully I see a difference!
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...