Harry Potter news is good for demand of Lego HP sets :)

jaisonline

once i remember my login info, i'll copy and paste the story here

---------

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20140708_ap_6bd0435bdeaf449d96d01168b659683e.html

---------

JILL LAWLESS, The Associated Press

Posted: Tuesday, July 8, 2014, 7:31 AM

LONDON (AP) - Harry Potter is back - mysterious, married, and going gray.

J.K. Rowling has given fans a glimpse of the grown-up boy wizard in a new story posted Tuesday on her Pottermore website.

It's the first update since "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was published in 2007, but Rowling spokesman Mark Hutchinson said there are "no plans" for a new Potter novel.

The 1,500-word story describes Harry, about to turn 34, attending the final of the Quidditch World Cup with his family and old friends Ron and Hermione.

Harry now has "threads of silver" in his hair and a mysterious cut on his cheekbone, related to his "top secret" work as an evil-battling Auror.

The story is written in the style of a gossip column for the Daily Prophet by reporter Rita Skeeter, a minor character in the novels.

The style allows Rowling to poke fun at the tabloid press, a real-life bugbear that she has accused of invading her privacy and that of her family.

Skeeter observes that Harry and friends are "no longer the fresh-faced teenagers they were in their heyday" and speculates about the state of Harry's marriage to Ginny Weasley.

She says Ron Weasley's red hair "appears to be thinning slightly," and notes witheringly that Harry still wears "the distinctive round glasses that some might say are better suited to a style-deficient 12-year-old."

The story discloses that Ron now runs the family joke shop, while Hermione is a - literally - high-flying civil servant, Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

There are also updates on other characters, including Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood, as well as glimpses of a new generation of teenage wizards.

Rowling has long said that "Deathly Hallows," would be the last Potter novel, but has produced other Potter-related material, including spin-off story collection, "The Tales of Beedle the Bard."

Rowling has also published a novel for adults, "The Casual Vacancy," and two detective thrillers under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith.

Interesting, thanks for sharing! The movies are well made, haven`t read the books. When they do make more (pretty much a guarantee) Lego will definitely have more sets, which will be great. 

The Potter sets are amongst the best designed and I welcome more!

I second that. They`re really unique in large part due to the source material, but the designers did a fantastic job over the years as well. You can really see the progression like the other Lego sets, from sets released for the first HP movie to the last. 

Interesting, thanks for sharing! The movies are well made, haven`t read the books. When they do make more (pretty much a guarantee) Lego will definitely have more sets, which will be great.

Man, read the books. Its not even close... the first couple movies were terrible and none of the movies managed to immerse you in the universe the way her writing did.

I'm not sold on it being anything near a guarantee they make sets again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

I actually thought the movies changed in a similar way as the books did - starting of as "fanciful children's stories" and turning more dark and mature as the kids grew up.

I didn't actually like it at the time, but have grown to think movie #3 Azkaban, is actually the best - meaning the most well-made. The director was Alfonso Curaon - same guy who made Gravity.

2nd best is last one (Deathly Hallows 2) - action packed and wrapped everything up nicely, although I was a bit disappointed in the way they changed the final showdown with Voldemort.

I can't see that increasing demand for HP sets. The only thing that would do that would be a new book and/or movie. And it says there are 'no plans' for a new book.

Any HP news when there is no news is good. Heck, I sold 2 HP sets out of nowhere yesterday.

Will news like this increase demand 10-fold. No but it helps more than no news.

I do 100# agree that we need a book, movie, something.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• 2 years later...

My 6 year olds are now into the third book. I let it slip that there are Harry Potter minifigures. They made me show them all the characters online. Then one of them said these fateful words: "let's see the sets!" Uh-oh. They were super pumped by what they saw and are laying on the charm to get that Quidditch set.

I just heard one say to the other, "we're going to get all the Harry Potter sets."

To those holding HP: I assume, as new generations discover the books, parents will be shelling out good money for these.

• Like 1