Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Can't wait to be able to import my "owned" set data directly from Brickset! Even if it's a manual export from Brickset and import to Brickfolio... I think this'll really be a big draw for you all once that and the "Data Services" automatic sync is setup.

Hi...We had the option in for awhile, but we are making changes so you can add both new and used sets from Brickset, instead of only new. We will get it back up shortly. There are a lot of new features with the Brickfolio that we are working on to make it easier to use and to give it a more personal flair. We would like to make it a more "social" feature in that you will be able to share it with other members, add custom MOCs and displays, add photos, and list different data in the totals section pertaining to prices paid for your collection in comparison to what it's currently worth. It all will be coming in the near future...

First of all, I'd like to say that I love this site. The amount of data that I can access is incredible. There is one bit of data, though, that is there for some sets but not for others. Looking at the price guide, there are numerous sets that have a retail value listed at 0.00. I would love to be able to see the retail price of every set.

First of all, I'd like to say that I love this site. The amount of data that I can access is incredible.

There is one bit of data, though, that is there for some sets but not for others. Looking at the price guide, there are numerous sets that have a retail value listed at 0.00. I would love to be able to see the retail price of every set.

Not to be a wise ass, but so would I. LOL. There are 9000+ LEGO sets and not all the MSRP data is available. LEGO does not release old information. We get as much as we can from other sites like Brickset, Peeron, Brickipedia, etc..., but they don't even have all the data from all the sets.

If it is 2012 data, sometimes we have to activate a set and update it. If there is a set with wrong or missing information, please contact Jeff or I and we will do our best to correct or update the information. This is a manual process at times and takes some time. There are many conflicts and bad data at times, so we need the Brickpicker members to inform us about issues. Jeff and I catch a lot of errors, but we really need your support to get the data as perfect as possible. Thanks.

Yes as we all would LOVE information on a snap of a finger!!! I can just imagine all the past sets that have been produced it's tough for a 2 man team to catch everything and definitely you should promote the fact that if anyone see's something is misinformed that should notify you guys immediately. You know what would be a good idea is instead of us sending you a personal message regarding miss information or lack of info on a set. I don't know if it's possible but have a little section somewhere on a bottom corner where anyone could punch in a set number and explain the mistake(s) they found. You can call it Information Error Box regarding set numbers, mini fig counts, MSRP, date release and so fourth. Make it a team thing so we all benefit. A billion eyes are better then 4 I say. Keep up the good work. You guys are doing excellent and Thank You for your hard work.

Yes as we all would LOVE information on a snap of a finger!!! I can just imagine all the past sets that have been produced it's tough for a 2 man team to catch everything and definitely you should promote the fact that if anyone see's something is misinformed that should notify you guys immediately. You know what would be a good idea is instead of us sending you a personal message regarding miss information or lack of info on a set. I don't know if it's possible but have a little section somewhere on a bottom corner where anyone could punch in a set number and explain the mistake(s) they found. You can call it Information Error Box regarding set numbers, mini fig counts, MSRP, date release and so fourth. Make it a team thing so we all benefit. A billion eyes are better then 4 I say. Keep up the good work. You guys are doing excellent and Thank You for your hard work.

Jeff and I discussed an idea similar to what you mentioned. Basically, a little check box where you can input prices and such for submission to Jeff and I. That is something we will add in the future, along with a host of other things.

In the meantime, I started a FORUM THREAD in which you can list any issues with data or incomplete information. Until we get the fancier version up, this should help. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

If pictures count too, then here are the ones I've found so far:

7631 (Only because doesn't follow the other pictures of box only)

Hi...I went through the pictures and tweaked a couple of them. Added a couple for the Heavy Hauler. We like to mix up the pictures. Not every set will have the set box as the cover picture. We like to have at least a box picture, a picture of the completed set, the minifigures if possible and maybe an actual photo of the completed set from an outside, non-LEGO source. The order in which they appear is not really set in stone.

If there is any set you would like to see more pictures of, let us know. Or if the pictures are wrong, let us know. Thanks.

Hi BP.com, Being a web developer myself it's in me to report a minor bug with the Brickfolio detail page. Add a new set and set the PP to $47.00 (for example)...then save it. Then, click to edit that entry and change the PP to $47.97 (for example), upon saving, it rounds up to the nearest dollar (in this example: $48.00). Looks like your update logic is rounding the value before the DB is merged. Love the site, however!

Hi BP.com,

Being a web developer myself it's in me to report a minor bug with the Brickfolio detail page. Add a new set and set the PP to $47.00 (for example)...then save it. Then, click to edit that entry and change the PP to $47.97 (for example), upon saving, it rounds up to the nearest dollar (in this example: $48.00).

Looks like your update logic is rounding the value before the DB is merged.

Love the site, however!

I'll have Jeff look into it...

Hi BP.com,

Being a web developer myself it's in me to report a minor bug with the Brickfolio detail page. Add a new set and set the PP to $47.00 (for example)...then save it. Then, click to edit that entry and change the PP to $47.97 (for example), upon saving, it rounds up to the nearest dollar (in this example: $48.00).

Looks like your update logic is rounding the value before the DB is merged.

Love the site, however!

@mmatthie, I have corrected this issue, let me know if you continue to see it from your end.

Jeff,

Is there a way to auto login when I return to the web page? Like Amazon, Brickset, etc? It seems that I have to login again after a brief inactivity.

Thanks.

Does it not keep you logged in after a few minutes, or is it when you come back after a few hours or the next day. Based on the way I currently have things setup, it should keep you logged in for a few hours, but the session eventually times out. I will have to change things over to use cookies. I will look into it more, its the first request of this since we launched close to a year ago. I am on the site all day, so I guess I never really time out and my browser saves the login, so I just submit and go. That doesn't mean its the best solution. I will look into it for you.

I don't know if this suggestion has been made yet, but the biggest thing I'd like to see from Brickpicker in the future is a way to open up the BP data for users to more easily sift through. I am envisioning something like Brickset's advanced queries. I've included a link below to Brickset's featured queries. If we could input search criteria (year, # of pieces, theme, etc), we would receive a list in return showing all sets that meet those criteria. We can do this to a certain degree by looking through the Lego Price Guide (we have the ability to sort by pieces, price, and year either ascending or descending). This feature would allow us to much more easily answer questions and research Lego investments. The ability to sort and filter on combinations of years, themes, # of pieces, and CAGR would be very useful. http://www.brickset.com/search/advanced/featured/

I don't know if this suggestion has been made yet, but the biggest thing I'd like to see from Brickpicker in the future is a way to open up the BP data for users to more easily sift through. I am envisioning something like Brickset's advanced queries. I've included a link below to Brickset's featured queries. If we could input search criteria (year, # of pieces, theme, etc), we would receive a list in return showing all sets that meet those criteria. We can do this to a certain degree by looking through the Lego Price Guide (we have the ability to sort by pieces, price, and year either ascending or descending). This feature would allow us to much more easily answer questions and research Lego investments. The ability to sort and filter on combinations of years, themes, # of pieces, and CAGR would be very useful.

http://www.brickset.com/search/advanced/featured/

Yep i definitely think this is something we can do and see the value in it. I will play around with some possibility of variables to add into it.

Maybe a " like" button of sorts....... so if someone agrees or likes a post they can just press that button instead of commenting if they dont want to. Maybe like a rating system of how valuable or not someone thinks a comment or post was. Something that pops into my mind is using lego pieces to rate.....most of on here know what value would correlate. Sorry if this doesnt make sense....it made perfect sense in my head lol

Maybe a " like" button of sorts....... so if someone agrees or likes a post they can just press that button instead of commenting if they dont want to. Maybe like a rating system of how valuable or not someone thinks a comment or post was. Something that pops into my mind is using lego pieces to rate.....most of on here know what value would correlate. Sorry if this doesnt make sense....it made perfect sense in my head lol

The only details I can give you right now is that in the next iteration of this site there will be a lot more community involvement. I believe Ed and I have a good set of features that will be part of this next update. Things have been a little slow on the development front lately, I apologize for that as I am trying to finish up some other big projects. But that is almost done. Now that our community is growing at a pretty nice clip, we want to get the community involved to help build information and value to what were have here and we have some good ideas on how to start that off. We also know that there needs to be a total overhaul on the user features. We want to give more options on how the user can get information, display information. And obviously our core is the Brickfolio. The past few months, with a lot of the new users with some of the HUGE Brickfolios we see, I have learned a lot. Believe me, I know there are weaknesses there. Some have been addressed already in development, but to make this a tool that everyone can get the most out of it, there needs to be changes. I think Ed has mentioned it before in other posts. This site isn't even 1 year old yet, all of you have been fantastic with giving ideas and telling us what you look for and find useful. I really wish I can quit my job and work on this full time. I would love that :)