Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

any noticed any changes in the email notifications ? 

if a post gets quoted, that quote no longer shows in a box and it is difficult to distinguish the quoted post from the new post. ( just for email, shows fine on the site )  

I noticed the same thing started happening to me early this afternoon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2016 at 8:02 AM, Seeyounexttuesday said:

Every time I click on view entire collection in brickfolio or add item to brickfolio I get this

The value 2x6 cannot be converted to a number. 

struct
Detail [empty string]
ErrNumber
Message The value 2x6 cannot be converted to a number. 
StackTrace coldfusion.runtime.Cast$NumberConversionException: The value 2x6 cannot be converted to a number. at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:863) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:710) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:878) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:868) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm954928637._factor15(D:\old-brickpicker\bpms\brickfolio_search.cfm:245) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm954928637._factor16(D:\old-brickpicker\bpms\brickfolio_search.cfm:1) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm954928637.runPage(D:\old-brickpicker\bpms\brickfolio_search.cfm:1) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:246) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.handlePageInvoke(IncludeTag.java:736) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:572) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65) at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:45) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:487) at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:142) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:78) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:58) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:450) at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:197) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745
Suppressed
array [empty]
TagContext
array
struct
COLUMN 0
ID CF_CAST
LINE 245
RAW_TRACE

I'm still having the same problem as above. When I view my collection summary I can view every theme except Star Wars so I think it's a problem with one of my Star Wars entries. Could someone with database access please check my last few entries by date of Star Wars sets and see if they can figure out what's wrong. The error message is "The value 2x6 cannot be converted to a number. " s my guess is I've put some numeric value in a field that doesn't accept numbers or something.

i would really appreciate it if someone could have a look

thanks

Good morning everybody.

10 Days ago (2 postings above) i asked a question.

I am wondering why nobody responds to that.

Actually my brickfolio is even worse than ten days ago.

In the overview now there is january visible but "Total Value by Theme" and "Facts About Your Brickfolio" are now showing nothing!

And every LEGO set i have in my brickfolio stops data at november '16.

What can i do?

3 hours ago, AuferstandenAusRuine said:

Good morning everybody.

10 Days ago (2 postings above) i asked a question.

I am wondering why nobody responds to that.

Actually my brickfolio is even worse than ten days ago.

In the overview now there is january visible but "Total Value by Theme" and "Facts About Your Brickfolio" are now showing nothing!

And every LEGO set i have in my brickfolio stops data at november '16.

What can i do?

December is usually a busy month for everyone, with Christmas and the busiest selling period of the year. Prices usually jump around this time too. So this would be one reason why, not just you, but we haven't had an update yet.

It also takes some time trawling through sales data to bring you all the relevant information for each set. Considering the site is run by only a few people, getting everything updated takes a little time.

Please be patient. 

• Like 1

There is no mystery, so for the lack of response.   I have been busy working on all the new updates to the site, lots of changes, etc. At this point in the month I am just going to wait until a few days into February and then I will be able to do a full two month update to get us current.  A few days ago I did a big sync with Brickset to get all the missing categories and items 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Did something change in the past 12 hours with the web site? 

When I go to load any page on the iPhone, it looks like it's getting stuck in some computationally-intensive script.  Safari starts to become non-responsive, the battery starts to drain very quickly, the page doesn't completely load, and you have to shut down Safari and then stop the last page load right as you restart Safari before I expect it loads the script that's causing problems so you can close that page. 

I tried going cell network instead of Wi-fi, tried restarting, nothing helps.  All other websites seem to be loading just fine.  Able to browse on my PC as well -- how I managed to get on to post this :) Not that it probably matters, but it is on an iPhone SE with iOS 9.

It started doing this within the past 12 hours.  Was working just fine yesterday.  Then start before bed last last night.  Continued this morning.

Tried on an iPad Mini we have and it hesitated at about the same load point, but after a few seconds, loaded the page.

My guess is it is probably some user-targeted ad that got triggered by some browsing activity on that device.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:45 AM, TheBrickClique said:

When I go to load any page on the iPhone, it looks like it's getting stuck in some computationally-intensive script.  Safari starts to become non-responsive, the battery starts to drain very quickly, the page doesn't completely load, and you have to shut down Safari and then stop the last page load right as you restart Safari before I expect it loads the script that's causing problems so you can close that page. 

I tried going cell network instead of Wi-fi, tried restarting, nothing helps.  All other websites seem to be loading just fine.  Able to browse on my PC as well -- how I managed to get on to post this :) Not that it probably matters, but it is on an iPhone SE with iOS 9.

It started doing this within the past 12 hours.  Was working just fine yesterday.  Then start before bed last last night.  Continued this morning.

Tried on an iPad Mini we have and it hesitated at about the same load point, but after a few seconds, loaded the page.

My guess is it is probably some user-targeted ad that got triggered by some browsing activity on that device.

I am having this same issue on iPad Pro only with BPer and have to close out safari and relaunch BPer to get the entire page to load and make links active. 

IMG_4700.PNG

Edited by Pseudoty

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

For the past couple weeks you have to post links to the pics, rather than the simple copy and paste.

That was disabled by the forum creators and for good reasons.  It was a security risk and I am happy that it is gone.  Trying to copy and paste images into the editor was bad.  It would kill the forum with a humongous byte string that would crash the thread.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2017 at 9:45 AM, TheBrickClique said:

This is super hard for me to troubleshoot. I tried s few times on my iOS devices when you posted this, tried the next morning and then again right now.  Pages load fine.  The core forum software had two smaller updates in the past week or so.  You can always try clearing your safari cache on the device and see if that helps.  I will continue to look as well as read for the forum support boards and see if others are complaining.

Here's one more that I've noticed. In the "View New Content" stream on desktop Firefox, I have a regularly occurring issue with the Canadian Daily Deals thread. It will show in the View New Content view with a Max Profit update, but when I click on that item I get an error page (something like page does not exist). If I then go via the USA (or Europe) DD thread, and use the "Next Unread Topic" link at the bottom to get to the Canada thread, it will take me to the first page of the thread. Navigating to the last page gets me to a page with no Sticky Max Profit post at the top.

Almost as if the Max Profit update in that thread sometimes invalidates the sticky, and that causes a bad link to register in the View New Content view (which typically points to the sticky for DD threads). Doesn't happen to the other 2 DD threads, only to the Canadian one.

Oh, come to think of it, one more: In the BP iOS app, Notifications do not forward to the correct post. Often I get to non-existent "future" pages, e.g. page 636 out of 633. Feels like pagination uses a different number of posts per page than Notifications does, and hence the latter gets you to the wrong page for a specific post.

Neither of these are biggies, but I was planning on writing these down anyhow and the recent activity in this thread prompted me to post them.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Phil B said:

Here's one more that I've noticed. In the "View New Content" stream on desktop Firefox, I have a regularly occurring issue with the Canadian Daily Deals thread. It will show in the View New Content view with a Max Profit update, but when I click on that item I get an error page (something like page does not exist). If I then go via the USA (or Europe) DD thread, and use the "Next Unread Topic" link at the bottom to get to the Canada thread, it will take me to the first page of the thread. Navigating to the last page gets me to a page with no Sticky Max Profit post at the top.

Almost as if the Max Profit update in that thread sometimes invalidates the sticky, and that causes a bad link to register in the View New Content view (which typically points to the sticky for DD threads). Doesn't happen to the other 2 DD threads, only to the Canadian one.

Case in point today: https://community.brickpicker.com/topic/17344-daily-lego-deals-canada/?do=findComment&comment=684048

58a4638d2c896_Screenshotfrom2017-02-1509-17-49.png.3acd737447e166d4e5e71114279701fe.png

Yes. I often find myself on a "non-existent future page" on iOS. Typically after submitting and edit to a post.

I think it's just related to clean up in a thread... posts get moved/deleted or even the three post approval process can cause a post to become visible to members. All of a sudden its an extra page with one post. The tapatalk app often gets confused.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

This is super hard for me to troubleshoot. I tried s few times on my iOS devices when you posted this, tried the next morning and then again right now.  Pages load fine.  The core forum software had two smaller updates in the past week or so.  You can always try clearing your safari cache on the device and see if that helps.  I will continue to look as well as read for the forum support boards and see if others are complaining.

More information:

i installed an ad blocker for safari and the problem went away. Disable ad blocker, problem returns.  Gone back and forth and it definitely follows whether or not the ads are blocked. 

Tried on an iPad we have in the house and the problem occurred there as well. 

So, I'm really inclined to think it is a targeted ad.

Im going to use the ad blocker workaround for now. It disables some other website's functionality (search on tru.com for one) but it's easy to turn on and off as needed.