Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

On 2/16/2017 at 7:05 AM, Phil B said:

@Jeff Mack: Issue reoccurred today at around 8:45am EST. Got to the Canadian thread via the "Next Unread Post" link, which took me to the first page of that thread. Using the pagination tabs to go to the last page, I saw no sticky nor a latest Amazon Deals post:

58aef29961dce_Screenshotfrom2017-02-2308-35-01.thumb.png.71d4577e2ae5cad1dac8700bdab9a75d.png58aef2a62168b_Screenshotfrom2017-02-2308-35-25.thumb.png.d5365a7fe19f7bf4fcb1a3cc16daed86.png

On a different subject, I've noticed that the "More" menu item disappeared. The Leaderboard (which used to be under "More") moved to another menu item, but the Inventory Trackers have gone. Is this on purpose?

58aef2f32c98a_Screenshotfrom2017-02-2308-35-45.png.f461956c3c5f5a610aea63d93dc8ae92.png

Just a suggestion for the Brickfolio, that when you go into a theme or to view your entire collection, that instead of every transaction on a set coming up, that just a summary per set code comes up, but with a drill down button to see the individual transactions.

Say for example, I have 10 Ecto-1's, bought over 5 purchases, so at the moment if I'm only looking at my Brickfolio, I can't see how many copies of this set I have, or the total cost, or average purchase price of them, without totting things up. I have this on a separate spreadsheet, but just think it would be a nice addition to the Brickfolio.

3 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Just a suggestion for the Brickfolio, that when you go into a theme or to view your entire collection, that instead of every transaction on a set coming up, that just a summary per set code comes up, but with a drill down button to see the individual transactions.

Say for example, I have 10 Ecto-1's, bought over 5 purchases, so at the moment if I'm only looking at my Brickfolio, I can't see how many copies of this set I have, or the total cost, or average purchase price of them, without totting things up. I have this on a separate spreadsheet, but just think it would be a nice addition to the Brickfolio.

Sure post it here:  https://ideas.brickpicker.com/

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

The new dark-green background on the Amazon sticky makes the contents virtually unreadable. Can we go back to the old light/sand-green color?

58af1ec9734f5_Screenshotfrom2017-02-2312-41-58.thumb.png.d36fdfa1f13d50743ee821678e6cf107.png

You're exaggerating quite a bit.  Is it ideal, no, but when you start to add light and dark themes, it all doesn't line up right away. One change like this creates a cascading effect.  Patience.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

You're exaggerating quite a bit.  Is it ideal, no, but when you start to add light and dark themes, it all doesn't line up right away. One change like this creates a cascading effect.  Patience.

Ok, the most important part is difficult to read, and doesn't stand out - the price and the % off. But I will wait until the themes all get sorted. Just making you aware of my concern.

I'm experiencing a bug with the new theme. Happens at home on iMac and Safari, as well as at work on Windows (multiple OSes) with Chrome or Firefox... 

If I skip ahead (or back) a few pages using the page tabs at the footer of a thread, it fails to load the contents of the page... The page number jumps, but I have to hit refresh to load the posts every time. Just double checked by toggling to default theme, and the issue doesn't happen. Toggle back and the issue toggles with it. Sort of weird considering it's just loading a different css (at least I'm assuming, I did a forum skin or two a couple of years back and it was all css edits), the content is the same....

6 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I'm experiencing a bug with the new theme. Happens at home on iMac and Safari, as well as at work on Windows (multiple OSes) with Chrome or Firefox... 

If I skip ahead (or back) a few pages using the page tabs at the footer of a thread, it fails to load the contents of the page... The page number jumps, but I have to hit refresh to load the posts every time. Just double checked by toggling to default theme, and the issue doesn't happen. Toggle back and the issue toggles with it. Sort of weird considering it's just loading a different css (at least I'm assuming, I did a forum skin or two a couple of years back and it was all css edits), the content is the same....

Try again, should be working now.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum or not. Wanted to report a bug with Valentine's Cupid Dog in Brickfolio.  There are two separate entries: 40201-1: VALENTINE'S CUPID DOG and 40201: VALENTINE'S CUPID DOG. The latter does not show up in Brickfolio but the data still exists (i.e. the set count and value is still in the Brickfolio but it does not show in a query).

• 3 weeks later...

The name of thread Daily LEGO Deals - Europe/UK was recently changed to Daily Deals UK. I am living in Germany and as far as I know, there is no new thread for deals in Germany (except Amazon). Will someone create a thread for Germany or a thread for Europe except UK? I have only seen a thread for Spain yet. I actually feel a bit excluded :(

• 4 months later...