70816 - Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

LegoSteve

going forward, TLM sets will be profitable because seller counts have dropped.  but its been two long flat years .   sets like Flying Flusher Castle Cavalry, Trash Chomper - $5 over MSRP amazon prime.  creative ambush - target exclusive - $2 over MSRP FBA.  there were better opportunities over that time.  hindsight is 20/20.

Edited by cladner

8 minutes ago, cladner said:

there were better opportunities over that time.  hindsight is 20/20.

Absolutely.  Anyone can call out a better alternative two years down the road, but the LEGO Movie was all the rage when it came out and really boosted sales of LEGO at the time.  It was also when we saw a spike in the number of resellers entering the market so there was massive hoarding that helped keep prices down post retirement.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 2

I think 70816 BSSS has a bright future from here on out.  70814 Construct-o-mech was probably less hoarded by resellers, and hung around on Amazon at about 1 x or 1.5 x RRP for a long time... then has made a strong move up since Christmas.  When the herd thins a bit more on 70816 BSSS, we'll be rewarded.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

So you don't have to scroll back 5 pages. That's my brick picking team. Those are 60% off. Basically only Lego for sale in entire TRU at xmas.

Look close they are 6 deep in most

One would hope that 1.5 years later they would be only 2 or 3 deep!

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, KingFelix said:

So I mistakenly had a BB-8 in my cart when I ordered my Falcon. Will the BB-8 being back ordered affect when the Falcon ships?

You´ll probably get 2 separate shipments, unless they both become available the same day.

Had me going for a minute, I thought someone had sold a Benny´s Spaceship!