Super Heroes?

Nakapfao

I'm not too interested in the sets, but I'm pretty new to the site, browsing for about a week, and I've not seen Super Heroes really talked about once. Why is this? I don't have any of the sets and haven't handled any of the boxes IRL, are they bad or do people just think they won't be worth much? Personally, disregarding the fact that I know nothing about the sets themselves, I woulda thought they'd be decent to good for investing -- what's BrickPicker's general opinion on the theme?

I'm not too interested in the sets, but I'm pretty new to the site, browsing for about a week, and I've not seen Super Heroes really talked about once. Why is this? I don't have any of the sets and haven't handled any of the boxes IRL, are they bad or do people just think they won't be worth much? Personally, disregarding the fact that I know nothing about the sets themselves, I woulda thought they'd be decent to good for investing -- what's BrickPicker's general opinion on the theme?

I believe that some of the Super Hero sets will be good investments. However a Lego set is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Therefore, if you invest in a Batman set, in most cases you're only going to be able to resell it to another Batman fan. Many of the older Batman sets from 2007-2008 have done well and many believe that the newer ones will do well too, but there is no guarentee. My advice is always to invest in what you like. If you are a huge Batman fan like me, buy Batman! If not, then buy whichever Super Hero sets you like, becuase if they don't increase in value later down the road you can open them and build them. I did see that the first line of your post said you weren't too interested in the sets. If this is the case maybe investing in Super Hero sets isn't for you. Not trying to talk you out of it, just stating that it's important that you invest in sets you like, that way it's a win-win (the sets either increase in value and you possibly make a little extra $$, or if they don't increase in value you can still open the sets and build them).

I like the Artic Batman vs Mr Freeze: Aquaman on Ice......comes with Aquamans 1st Lego Appearance and another BatPlane. The cost is set just right at $19.99.....they were flying off the shelfs at my local LEGO store. I plan on grabbing one each time I them....hoping to turn as short term money....by December, if they dont move then I can always give a few away to the local toy drives. It creates more LEGO fans and happy kids!

I'm a fan of the new SH line... though I was really hoping for a larger scale Tumbler. I think the new releases will do well, as there are always fans of the characters to drive sales of older sets (unlike Harry Potter, which I think may hit a wall soon). That said, if Lego keeps just rehashing old sets, the line will stagnate. The new Iron Man and Superman sets (with the movie tie-ins) should do well, though I'll reserve judgment until we finally see them.

I'm a fan of the new SH line... though I was really hoping for a larger scale Tumbler.

I think the new releases will do well, as there are always fans of the characters to drive sales of older sets (unlike Harry Potter, which I think may hit a wall soon). That said, if Lego keeps just rehashing old sets, the line will stagnate.

The new Iron Man and Superman sets (with the movie tie-ins) should do well, though I'll reserve judgment until we finally see them.

I love all the new Batman sets, especially the Arctic Batman! I'm very dissappointed in the new tumbler though, probably won't pick that set up. The original black tumbler from the Batman 1 sets was much better IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the motivation behind the new Tumbler is to be able to have an affordable version available to more people. Arkham Asylum is the new big set in the theme, so a $100 set with a big Tumbler probably wouldn't move as quickly. The Tumbler itself is disappointing, but overall I think the set is a good one. You get three new mini figs in it, plus the two vehicles. The Bat is pretty cool.

I think the new super heros line will do well a few years down the road. Personally, I only invested in the batman and superman sets (w/ wonder woman). I know the sets with the avengers characters and wolverine have popular figs with a wide following, but I never really got into those characters as a kid/teenager, so they don't really interest me. Like someone else mentioned above, invest in what YOU like, and in the end you can't lose. Recently, I snatched up 9 of the arctic batmans due to the new batman fig and aquaman. this set is priced well, has good figs, and always seems to be gone when I go look at the stores, so right off the bat (no pun intended) it seems to be a good one.

I believe the Superheroes sets will do very well once they go EOL, as will the Batman sets. The minifigs are just too cool in these sets to not buy them. The newer sets with the new arctic batman and the spiderman set with the Venom figure are definitely must buys....