387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

When all the people who can't afford to sit on this for a couple of years thin out their stock, this set will be a winner. There is too big a market and with no remake, it's just going to take some time.

That's what they all say. How's the sopwith camel going with thinning out stock? And Tower of Orthanc?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
44 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

That's what they all say. How's the sopwith camel going with thinning out stock? And Tower of Orthanc?

In the UK, the Sopwith Camel appeared to peak last year with £120 being around the highest sold prices on eBay. I'm glad I got rid of mine then as they're back down towards £100 again. I'm happy with my £39.99 buy-in but, would be pretty damn upset now if I paid RRP (£79.99). The Tower of Orthanc is yet another missed window!

Guys... Don't get greedy as you'll only kick yourself WHEN (not if) prices start to drop again. Red 5 was a prime example and Rogue One hasn't appeared to help prices as everybody has been listing them cheap out of desperation (myself included).

Edited by TabbyBoy

What  am I going to say that hasn´t been said already? The never remade argument falls down considering this was one fo the first sets to be cloned by the Chinese. Depending on how the court case goes for TLG, they may bring it back one day and that will bite the long term hoarders on the bum as it did with 10188.

Nothing is safe from remakes or depreciation.

That said, this set has been rather more robust in terms of maintaining residuals than many other 2015 sets. Just wish it was a but more robust of a build too!

38 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

Sopwith Camel is an item that is generic and has been done before (3451). It has limited appeal and is not licensed to any theme.

TOO is licensed and has been gone for a year. It also left at the same time a ton of other investors bought up supply. It is licensed and it's theme has a strong, long time following. I put this into the same area as the Tumbler. Let supply dry up and then we can discuss whether it was worthwhile or not.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Sopwith Camel is an item that is generic and has been done before (3451). It has limited appeal and is not licensed to any theme.

TOO is licensed and has been gone for a year. It also left at the same time a ton of other investors bought up supply. It is licensed and it's theme has a strong, long time following. I put this into the same area as the Tumbler. Let supply dry up and then we can discuss whether it was worthwhile or not.

The Sopwith Camel could peak again in 3 days time (22DEC16) as this will mark the 100th anniversary of its supposedly first flight. Make sure you mention...

"100th Anniversary of first Sopwith Camel flight - 22nd December 2106"

... in any listings as this could gather additional interest from vintage aircraft, Royal Air Force & WW1 enthusiasts. I have 1 left in my collection but, I would let it go for £150+ 

21 minutes ago, Val-E said:

What  am I going to say that hasn´t been said already? The never remade argument falls down considering this was one fo the first sets to be cloned by the Chinese. Depending on how the court case goes for TLG, they may bring it back one day and that will bite the long term hoarders on the bum as it did with 10188.

Nothing is safe from remakes or depreciation.

That said, this set has been rather more robust in terms of maintaining residuals than many other 2015 sets. Just wish it was a but more robust of a build too!

Long term hoarders with 10188?  Was there any time to allow it to appreciate after retirement?  I don't think too many resellers expected a remake as quickly as it came. 

• 2 weeks later...

Down to 85 sellers now on UK Ebay when searching for 76023. Many of these are people selling individual figs etc, and others setting prices ridiculously (sensibly) high. The sold prices have crept up 'slightly' for New in Box. Just keeping an eye on it, that's all ;)

...and the point is, I think the herd is being slightly thinned over the months.

Edited by BarryZola

6 hours ago, BarryZola said:

Down to 85 sellers now on UK Ebay when searching for 76023. Many of these are people selling individual figs etc, and others setting prices ridiculously (sensibly) high. The sold prices have crept up 'slightly' for New in Box. Just keeping an eye on it, that's all ;)

...and the point is, I think the herd is being slightly thinned over the months.

Compare that with 21118 Mine or 75054 - 2 vulgar playsets that could be found everywhere but are kicking all the 2015 retired exclusives´s asses in terms of ROI.

• 4 weeks later...

38 new Turdlers sold in €'s over the last 6 months on Bricklink. Only 211 currently listed. At that rate just over two and a half years to clear that lot excluding those who tire of waiting and list theirs.

US looks better 65 sold in the last 6 months and 158 currently listed. Under a year and a half to clear!

UK - 3 sold in 6 months with 18 currently listed. 3 year wait for Eng-erland & co. to soak those up.

7 minutes ago, Anomander said:

38 new Turdlers sold in €'s over the last 6 months on Bricklink. Only 211 currently listed. At that rate just over two and a half years to clear that lot excluding those who tire of waiting and list theirs.

US looks better 65 sold in the last 6 months and 158 currently listed. Under a year and a half to clear!

UK - 3 sold in 6 months with 18 currently listed. 3 year wait for Eng-erland & co. to soak those up.

Are those "listed" numbers the number of sellers or the total sum of available copies of this set?