387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Anomander said:

38 new Turdlers sold in €'s over the last 6 months on Bricklink. Only 211 currently listed. At that rate just over two and a half years to clear that lot excluding those who tire of waiting and list theirs.

US looks better 65 sold in the last 6 months and 158 currently listed. Under a year and a half to clear!

UK - 3 sold in 6 months with 18 currently listed. 3 year wait for Eng-erland & co. to soak those up.

On bricklink maybe, but it seems at least 50 a month sold on ebay uk to me

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Don´t worry there are plenty more that people will unleash when the price creeps up or time runs out. Look at the supposedly rare Town Hall. More are coming on the market every day.

Given that this set retired right at the peak of the "LEGO is better than gold" hype, there are many fly-by investors who have attic spaces full of these. One particular member comes to mind (pp).

• Like 2

The important thing is if avg price sold is increasing or not. I see 7 sales in EUR for January at an AVG of only 253 euros. December was no better. I guess some will have been superlots, though.

MIN price is 272 euros but there are over 30 sellers under the 300 euro mark. It therefore makes no sense to list above that unless you are from Malta or somewhere like that where there are no other listings.

Edited by Val-E

I originally thought the Lego Batman movie might help the price along on this but the vehicle sets from the film are outstanding in their own right.

Happy for my Tumblers to be a very long-term hold. We're still well within 12 months of Smyths' wizard's pocket of the things finally emptying. 18 months down the line plenty will have cashed out. There's plenty of DC content coming to keep interest alive.

• 1 month later...

15 months after retirement can hardly be classified as a quick flip. Don´t worry there is still PLEEEENTY of inventory to be soaked up before this one does anything interesting. At least it performed better than any of the 2016 retired exclusives as those all seem to be stuck at around 15% above RRP and the bump period is over.

The problem is that retirement date doesn't mean its disappeared from shops.

For the Tumbler there was availiability until May in UK so it's not been a full year since disappearance here.

I've noticed this year that retailers are less keen to clearance retired items in the UK. Certainly at this point last year I was in Smyths Toys every week because they'd have crazy clearance prices. This year their "clearance" prices are pretty small, 20% off rather than 50%. It seems that retailers have realised if they have the shelf space then retired sets will clear eventually without huge discounts. Meaning retiring sets completely disappearing will take even longer. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1

Maybe they have less stock to clear. Here it has been the opposite this year - too much inventory and crazy prices to get rid of it and clear space for the new movie sets. Rince and repeat next January.

I certainly agree that set life now means nothing - look at the ones that are still on sale at SAH, they are going to have 18 month lives because they made too many of them.

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

15 months after retirement can hardly be classified as a quick flip. Don´t worry there is still PLEEEENTY of inventory to be soaked up before this one does anything interesting. At least it performed better than any of the 2016 retired exclusives as those all seem to be stuck at around 15% above RRP and the bump period is over.

I think the point is that people THOUGHT they were going to quickflip them in Europe and were mistaken, and perhaps those inventories are depleting. I hope so for our friends on that side of the pond.

In the US, the situation still seems much stronger. Better demand and less Smyths-lingering resulted in a better environment.  I just counted some 26 sales (sealed boxes) on ebay in one WEEK. Each was in the 289.99-329.99 range for sealed SALES including shipping. (85 sales (including sealed bag, open box copies) in March with 2 days left)

26 in a week from just ebay is fantastic. I hope it continues to thin the heard. Cheapest buy it now on ebay is now 309.99 shipped, but there are upwards 70 sellers from 309.99-379.99 so the growth is still very much capped for the foreseeable future.

Place your bets on a remake or not. Pack them up for the long haul or take the 50% gross profit over retail and move along.

Edited by mudcatsfan

Just now, Val-E said:

I´d take 50% gross at this point if I could get it but they are not selling even for that. Enough water has flown under the bridge now to see that, like R2D2, this won´t be a 600 USD/EURO set unless out currencies get devalued.

I sold one at the beginning of the month at £240. Bought 10th Dec 2015 for £129.99. £5 ebay FVF, £8.02 Paypal, £12.98 48 hour shipping. So £84 gross on £130 for a 14 month hold.  

I don't know what they're moving for were you are, but anyone that got in on the discount smyths stock and have access to the latest Ebay FVF offers over here are hitting these numbers.  

8 minutes ago, feed said:

I sold one at the beginning of the month at £240. Bought 10th Dec 2015 for £129.99. £5 ebay FVF, £8.02 Paypal, £12.98 48 hour shipping. So £84 gross on £130 for a 14 month hold.  

I don't know what they're moving for were you are, but anyone that got in on the discount smyths stock and have access to the latest Ebay FVF offers over here are hitting these numbers.  

What are these Smyths and FVF witchcraft you speak about? Here we just had SAH, TRU and 14% ebay fees. Most of the folk that got it for less than RRP flipped them way back and there are very few takers at more than 300 euros.

5 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Does anyone think that if there is a 10 year anniversary edition of The Dark Knight next year might boost some interest in the Tumbler? 

If there is then be sure TLG will make a 10th anniversay re-release.  They may add a cat and a coupld of cheese slopes.

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

What are these Smyths and FVF witchcraft you speak about? Here we just had SAH, TRU and 14% ebay fees. Most of the folk that got it for less than RRP flipped them way back and there are very few takers at more than 300 euros.

Then you’re competing with lower buy ins, lower sales costs and a currency impact.  No surprise at 300 Euro, that’s going to be about the cost of GSP from the UK and that will sit tight for a while.  Profit on the £230/£240 is good enough.  

Yeah, it seems UK prices have ticked down recently and there is no shortage of stock, on ebay at least. The Chinese copies have also hit this set hard.

I´m not too bothered as I had no faith in this set from the beginning so I only got one and there is little chance of a remake in the short term.

23 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I´m not too bothered as I had no faith in this set from the beginning.

Nor I, for the UK market at least.  I only picked up a handful because of the discount at EOL.  But I pulled another out of stock this morning and I will list it on the next decent eBay offer.  They sell and they turn a decent enough profit.   

People seem to be losing patience with this one here, a few resellers on the local ads sites who I'd normally consider to have a good idea of what they're doing have posted this for €250. Obviously giving up on the set and looking to free up cashflow.

The Smyths effect really ruined what could have been a great set with so much going for it.

Help needed!

I have this question from an interested buyer on Bricklink.  I'm at work, and cannot respond for a while.  Can anyone tell me?

I am interested in buying this set from your store. But I need to know where was this set(LEGO Superheroes 76023 The Tumbler) originally manufactured? Thanks!

I probably just need the info off the outer box.

Thanks in advance!

Just now, rpaulson7 said:

Help needed!

I have this question from an interested buyer on Bricklink.  I'm at work, and cannot respond for a while.  Can anyone tell me?

I am interested in buying this set from your store. But I need to know where was this set(LEGO Superheroes 76023 The Tumbler) originally manufactured? Thanks!

I probably just need the info off the outer box.

Thanks in advance!

Check the seal code, whatever the letter is, indicates the place of manufacture.

And what a weird request from the buyer.

2 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Check the seal code, whatever the letter is, indicates the place of manufacture.

And what a weird request from the buyer.

Wouldn't they all be the same?

I'm thinking maybe an international shipment?  Maybe they can't accept things from, say, China??

9 minutes ago, rpaulson7 said:

Wouldn't they all be the same?

I'm thinking maybe an international shipment?  Maybe they can't accept things from, say, China??

The below may help . . . .

H = Nyíregyháza, Hungary
R = Ciénega de Flores, Mexico
S = Kladno, Czech Republic
Q = Purkersdorf, Austria
B = Shenzhen, China
M = Billund, Denmark 
O = Billund, Denmark