• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

JBBIN8LBK_j_burrows_8l_wire_mesh_waste_b

Colour coded, $4.99 should cover it.

I think you're confusing investment performance with the actual set. The set itself is fantastic. Both the build and as a display piece.

To try to. answer your question, here in the UK there are sellers on eBay who sell model specific cases and I would have thought you'd be able to get the same in the US. They are not cheap though.

4 hours ago, Davetheman1010 said:

What's a good display case for this set? Nothing too big. Just the right size for this set only. Where did you buy it and for how much?

Not sure whether they would ship to US, but there is a company here in the UK that makes a number of acrylic cases for a number of lego sets.  Link attached  http://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4413

8 hours ago, Davetheman1010 said:

What's a good display case for this set? Nothing too big. Just the right size for this set only. Where did you buy it and for how much?

Might be better off, cost wise, to get one of these. That way you can display other models in it as well.

detolf-glass-door-cabinet-brown__72928_P

IKEA DETOLF Glass-door cabinet ($69.99)

Looks like an acrylic case for the Tumbler only would run around $90.

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

To be fair, this is an investment website and The Tumbler´s build is apparently as brittle as its post EOL resale values so a protective case is probably a good idea.

This is not just an investment website; it is also a Lego community with many people who build and enjoy Lego.  You don't need to $hit on a set when the poster specifically asked for a display case.  Obviously if the poster wants to display it in a case, what difference does it make if the techniques used make it a fragile and unplayable?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Davetheman1010 said:

Have you ever looked for a local acrylic company? I had local company make "covers" for my Big Ben and Tower Bridge sets (they have no bottoms) for far less than it was going to cost me to have an "assemble your own" version shipped to me. It may not look as fancy, but it works just as well IMO.

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

This is not just an investment website; it is also a Lego community with many people who build and enjoy Lego.  You don't need to $hit on a set when the poster specifically asked for a display case.  Obviously if the poster wants to display it in a case, what difference does it make if the techniques used make it a fragile and unplayable?

Which is why the block function is so amazing.  Threads that would be totally **** up by certain posters are wiped clean from the consciousness.  You do still have to see the drivel when it is quoted by someone else that falls for the trolling but otherwise it is great. 

Edited by Huskers1236

1 hour ago, brickbuilder77 said:

If you are handy you could make your own, once I get the chance I am going to follow this guys instructions to make a few. Not too complicated and can easily be adapted to suit I think.

Cool diy. But, "I ain't got time fo dat"

• 5 months later...

For me this set continues to disappoint.  It has to be the worst performance to expectations (in my mind) ROI.  Prices continue to drop this holiday season from $325 to $270 Ebay USA  with very few sales recorded as all the "better then gold" crew continue to try and unload their stock. Amazon has 6 sellers with 57 units at lowest FBA $319 and rank 50% worse then ToO. 

They take up too much space collect dust and even the scammers don't want them.

At least with Nexo my buy in was 70% off or better and there were no expectations. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, MrToes16 said:

I'm hoping there will be some kind of 10 year anniversary hoopla next year of The Dark Knight that will bump the price. Otherwise, yeah...not where I would like it to be either.

I had mine on an eBay auction with a £99.99 start last year - no takers! Don't get false hopes with this turkey ;-)

50 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I had mine on an eBay auction with a £99.99 start last year - no takers! Don't get false hopes with this turkey ;-)

You could try seeking help on your ebay listings as this set sells for over £200 NIB. Are you sure you are not listing the poly bag Tumbler. Check the sold listings and see how those sellers do it. ?

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

You could try seeking help on your ebay listings as this set sells for over £200 NIB. Are you sure you are not listing the poly bag Tumbler. Check the sold listings and see how those sellers do it. 1f911.png

I don't think a seller who had over 25,000 feedbacks needs help ;-) It was listed as 76023 and I had no problem selling other sets for top money. It may do better this year and I'll list it again at £0.01 start with no reserve and I'll be so happy to get rid of it regardless of final price. You really soon to feel intense hatred for poor performing sets that you're willing for it to go for a song.

I hope to get £100 for it after Xmas.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I don't think a seller who had over 25,000 feedbacks needs help ;-) It was listed as 76023 and I had no problem selling other sets for top money. It may do better this year and I'll list it again at £0.01 start with no reserve and I'll be so happy to get rid of it regardless of final price. You really soon to feel intense hatred for poor performing sets that you're willing for it to go for a song.

I hope to get £100 for it after Xmas.

Damn, that would be easy money. People in The Netherlands are still willing to pay around €250 for a MISB one. ;) 

15 minutes ago, Haay said:

Damn, that would be easy money. People in The Netherlands are still willing to pay around €250 for a MISB one. ;) 

I'm sure TB will sell you his non moving stock (£100 minus bulk  buying discount). Easy flip in anyone's book. Plus don't forget that all of TB's LEGO boxes are minty mint.

Edited by Alfiepops
adding content

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Alfiepops said:

I'm sure TB will sell you his non moving stock (£100 minus bulk  buying discount). Easy flip in anyone's book. Plus don't forget that all of TB's LEGO boxes are minty mint.

Yes, every set I plan to sell is in a mint box, eBay buyers in the UK won't settle for anything less.

Watch this space as any EOL set that's hard to shift will be offered on here at a good price.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Average Guy said:

I hope you got all of your minty boxes from walk in retailers and not by demanding returns for minty kits  from retailers and resellers. 

Mostly from LEGO (who've now gone downhill) and trusted retailers. I've never had a problem returning a set with a tiny speck of dust on the box ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy

I've had enough of my damn Tumbler and kept having nightmares about it. I called my cousin in Llanelli last night (who's warehouse it is in) to list it locally on Facebook and it just sold for £125 which is a fantastic result, I told him to accept £75 if knocked down. I told him to keep the money and buy some LEGO for his boys on my behalf while there's good offers on which I was going to do anyway.

I no longer have a Tumbler and one more turkey bites the dust - YIPPEE !!!

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Mostly from LEGO (who've now gone downhill) and trusted retailers. I've never had a problem returning a set with a tiny speck of dust on the box ;-)

I've been banning resellers who complain about small imperfections regardless of their order history. I don't the hassle. 

Guest TabbyBoy
32 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

I've been banning resellers who complain about small imperfections regardless of their order history. I don't the hassle. 

No need, I'm happy to ban myself! ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Newbie here.... can someone confirm the bag count on the tumbler for me....  i have a set with open seals i am going to move.   I guess I could open the instructions bag but I would rather not.   I am looking at the following:

4  -  #1 bags , 2 - #2 bags , 2 - #3 bags, 1 #4, 2 #5, 1 #6, 2 #7,  1 #8  , 1 #9, 1 #10 , 1 #11.     6 tires, one base plate, 1 pack instructions/stickers etc. 

18 bags total ^         Holler if you can confirm,  thank you and Happy New Year everyone!  PP 

Newbie here.... can someone confirm the bag count on the tumbler for me....  i have a set with open seals i am going to move.   I guess I could open the instructions bag but I would rather not.   I am looking at the following:
4  -  #1 bags , 2 - #2 bags , 2 - #3 bags, 1 #4, 2 #5, 1 #6, 2 #7,  1 #8  , 1 #9, 1 #10 , 1 #11.     6 tires, one base plate, 1 pack instructions/stickers etc. 
18 bags total ^         Holler if you can confirm,  thank you and Happy New Year everyone!  PP 

18 bags is correct.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I think next time eBay have a selling promotion, I’m folding on these. Long, long-term I can see these fetching big money, but a handful of Caterhams at the Lego sale price - just days after official retirement, and still on sale at John Lewis - would be more profitable than this has proven, taking up less space too.

It was my first big box purchase. Reckon it will end up being the last as well.