Selling Sets of Legos Together?

white tiger

Do you recommend that I sell all of the sets together or separately? I am going off to college and my mom wants to get rid of them, but thankfully I stopped her before she gave all of my sets away. With that said, I would like to get rid of them for the most money because well college is expensive. So, what do you recommend should I sell sets together like the lego sets sold from 2001 together? Or should I sell them all in separate sets?

Yes, I do sell in sets.  If I have multiples of a set, why not combine them with another set to create another listing. (...one listing for each item plus a combined set listing.) I do not mark then down one cent b/c I am selling them as a set.  Those who buy sets are typically people buying gift sets.  (What are the chances you have the exact two sets a collector needs?)

It also helps to sell in sets when you have cheap sets but dont want to sell them one at a time to make a few bucks at a time.  Combine sets to make a listing worth your time.  This approach also helps to make the shipping costs more affordable...who wants to pay 5 bucks for shipping on a 20 dollar item....7 bucks on 50 is more palpable to me as a consumer.  

Admins can lock this thread...my answer is correct and there really is no need for anymore discussion...Pickleboy has spoken. :)

• Like 2

For used sets if you want the most money you need to take your time and sell separately using Buy It Now listings. If you want them gone fast then sell them in lots. People who buy lots are usually people like me who are looking for a good deal so that I can resell them. It can take months to sell a used set if you are trying to get an above average price for it.